Arc 1: I'm an Invader - The First World (14)

The person that Yin Mingzheng didn’t want Shi Qing to interact with most in the base was Le Youyuan.

Le Youyuan could be considered the most powerful second generation in the base.

His father was a rare authority figure who wasn’t afraid of getting his hands dirty fighting the Insects, and he was often away outside. When the Insects first came, Le Youyuan was in his rebellious phase. After so many years, he was still in his rebellious phase. He lived to party, and more than half of the entertainment establishments in the base were built by him.

His confidence wasn’t just because of his father’s reputation, but also due to him being an ability user, something rarely seen among the second generations. It wasn’t one of those wimpy powers either. He had the high-level ability to control fire.

Plus Le Youyuan was skilled at making money. When the base was first built, he immediately sectioned off a giant portion of land. When construction began on the inner and outer dwellings, he made a killing. It was only when star coins started coming into circulation and he exchanged his money that the higher-ups of the base discovered he was even richer than some of them.

He had money, influence, ability and even the support of his father. Le Youyuan’s life was quite leisurely.

He played around with a group of second generations everyday. Even if the Insects invaded, to people like them, it just meant that they couldn’t go wherever they wanted. The base was big enough to satisfy them.

The continued existence of several types of game consoles was also due to these second generations.

Yin Mingzheng was Le Youyuan’s enemy from the beginning.

Of course, only Le Youyuan thought of it this way.

At the start, the reason for his hatred of Yin Mingzheng was simple. He could barely see his dad once a month, and all he did was criticize him for playing around. Then Yin Mingzheng popped out and did missions with his dad all the time. His dad even praised him compared the two of them relentlessly. Who wouldn’t hate Yin Mingzheng in this situation?

He was the ‘other family’s kid’, although he was too old now or then to be called a child.

When they first met, Yin Mingzheng was focused on raising his abilities to defend against the Insect race. He didn’t have the time to feud with a chuunibyou.

It was exactly because of his holier-than-thou attitude that Le Youyuan despised Yin Mingzheng more than ever.

If Yin Mingzheng was happy, he wasn’t. If Yin Mingzheng was not, then he was.

When he heard that Yin Mingzheng foolishly sacrificed himself, Le Youyuan held a celebration that went on for three days. If his dad didn’t catch him in the act when he got back, he could go on until the day Yin Mingzheng returned.

Even though Yin Mingzheng wasn’t afraid of this kind of stalwart enemy before, he was worried now that they might bully Shi Qing while he was away.

He was careful to always have his subordinates guarding Shi Qing wherever he went. In the end, Le Youyuan still got a hold of an opening.

The man was still standing in front of the red car holding that broken video game console. His face was dark. He ignored the smug Le Youyuan and stared straight at Shi Qing. He said quietly: “Shi Qing, get off.”

“Oh okay.”

The youth who was wearing clothes clearly not bought by Yin Mingzheng didn’t feel like anything was wrong. He obediently went to unlock his seat belt.

“Don’t ah.”

Le Youyuan laughed as he held onto Shi Qing’s hand. His handsome face was looking challengingly at Yin Mingzheng: “Little Shi Qing and I already agreed to go bungee jumping today. Even if General Yin is little Shi Qing’s brother, you can’t make him break his promises, right?”