Arc 5: I'm the Demon King - The Daozhang's Allure (62)

Meng Qing really didn’t expect that Zheng Xing was a field mouse spirit.

Moreover, after seeing the dog, his Shifu refused to change back.

So the young cultivator could only carefully hold this big fat field mouse and whisper to him.

“Shifu, I really like Shi Qing.”

“He’s always so gentle and kind. Although he acts tough and uncaring, he only does good deeds.”

The big field mouse’s eyes darted to Shi Qing, who was teasing Wang Cai.

He was leisurely leaning against a tree with his long legs crossed. His fox-like face had a faint smirk on it as his eyes narrowed with amusement.

No matter how you looked at it, he clearly radiated a malevolent aura.

Zheng Xing, “......”

His blind disciple was still speaking.

“He might be a demon, but Shifu, weren’t you the one that taught me that we should look beyond the appearance of any creature as long as they possess a kind heart?”

The chunky mouse squeaked angrily.

—I said that because I’m a spirit! It was just supposed to be a precaution in case you discovered my identity and couldn’t accept it!!

Who knew that his efforts would just pave the way for this demonic fiend!

Meng Qing was relieved to see his Shifu responding so passionately. He carefully helped him to his feet so his Shifu could face Shi Qing directly.

“Look Shifu, isn’t Shi Qing such a good demon?”

“I’m really happy when I’m with him.”

Zheng Xing, who could only see a cluster of sheer darkness in front of him, was speechless. “......”

Meng Qing said, “He’s a demon so he has no need for merit, but he just helped a doctor who died from overexertion and only asked for that in exchange.”

“Shifu, he really is a good person. I only realized it when I saw him standing on the Underworld’s River Styx surrounded by a sea of stars.”

The big field mouse’s beady little eyes widened. “Squeak squeak squeak?! Squeak!!”

—What’s wrong with you?! Why’d you go to the River Styx?!

—What have I always taught you?! Didn’t I tell you that the living should never set foot there?!

And yet there was a small smile on his disciple’s lips as he continued to look at that demon who was playing with the dog. There was no room in his eyes for anything else.

Zheng Xing was alarmed, he jumped up and down on his disciple’s hand, squeaking frantically in an attempt to draw Meng Qing’s eyes back from the demon king.

However—

“Shifu, you think so too, don’t you?”

Meng Qing’s eyes were soft as he looked at his companion. “The only requirements a cultivator should have is someone who is kind and willing to do good deeds.”

“Shi Qing is a demon, but he was born that way. No one can decide the circumstances of his birth, so why should we hold it against him?”

The large field mouse tried its hardest to wiggle its fat body from side to side.

“Squeak squeak squeak squeak!!!”

—Disciple! Are you blind?! Have you forgotten everything he did before?! You used to hate him with a passion, ah!!