Chapter One

A/N: I hope this turns out the way I want it too.

Chapter One

Mornings were one of the things Frank never looked forward to. A new day which meant a new reason for things to go wrong between him and Gerard.

Frank knows the relationship isn't healthy, but he loves Gerard, so that's all that matters, right?

"Good morning." Gerard mumbled, settling his face into Frank's neck. It was always like this. The calm before the storm.

Frank always made it a point to wake up before Gerard did. If Gerard were to say good morning and not get a reply, the storm would start without warning.

"Good morning Gee." Frank smiled slightly, looking at his red headed boyfriend.

Gerard sat up and stretched, letting out a loud yawn, "what's on the agenda today? I mentioned yesterday that I wanted you to choose where we were going, babe." He turned to look at his wide eyed boyfriend,

Frank felt his heart beat pick up. He'd forgotten all about that. It was as if it slipped from his mind.

"Oh..... Um, I actually didn't-"

Gerard's face hardened and his jaw was set firmly, "you didn't choose a place?" He said calmly, but in a scary way.

"I'm sorry baby." Frank felt his eyes well up with tears. He knew what was to come next. And as if on cue, Gerard's hand pulled him by his collar, bringing him up so his face was centimeters away from his.

"You know what happens when you don't.... Listen!" He said as he threw Frank to the floor.

Gerard stood and towered over his now whimpering boyfriend, before leaning down and throwing a punch to his jaw.

Frank began to feel a liquid slowly seeping in his mouth, the metallic taste became all too familiar. He quickly swallowed it, not wanting to seem weak. This happens all the time.

Gerard watched as his boyfriend whimpered in pain, "you know I'm doing this out of love." He leaned down to caress his cheek, wiping away a few stray tears in the process.

Frank nodded, letting out a choked sob. Gerard hated seeing him this way.... But he had to learn. He helped Frank up and pulled him in for a passionate kiss.

"I love you." Gerard whispered with a somewhat genuine smile on his face. It always made Frank's insides turn to goo and his cheeks flush red.

He nodded, trying to give off bankers pained smile, "I love you too." He said, but he didn't feel as if he was being genuine. As if he was only saying it this time around so Gerard would cut him some slack.

-Time Lapse-

Frank sat on the couch in their living room as Gerard took a shower. Frank, who'd already freshened up, blindly flicked through channels. Nothing seemed to interest him anymore. Two years ago he was bubbly, always full of life. But once he met Gerard he felt the need to show him that he could be a serious adult for him, or else he wouldn't dare feel worthy of dating him.

He heard footsteps about 10 minutes later along with whistling. Gerard had come down with a black shirt and a black leather jacket on. Not to mention he was wearing black jeans and shoes.

"A lot I black I see." Frank said in a disapproving manner. He watched as Gerard's face turned from calm to confused.

"What do you mean, I always wear black and you never have a problem with it? What's the deal now?"

"It's hot!" Frank retorted, "you'll burn up in that!"

Gerard clenched his fists, "fine. You judgmental piece of shit. We just won't go out." He stormed up the stirs without a word.

Frank was too done with all of this to care. He'd had enough for one day. He knew consequences were to come, but for now, all he could really do was wait.

------------
A/N: the chapters are supposed to be short, it's because it's only supposed to high light the important events. You guys won't see the real problem with this relationship if I put some cute stuff in the chapter and I obviously don't want a long chapter with terrible events. I can't use my laptop so I dedicate this to Headfirst_for_Helena because once again, she has inspired me