PART 3: CHALLENGES AND CONFLICTS CHAPTER 13: SIBLING CONCERNS

Jennifer POV:

The paddock in Baku was bustling with the usual pre-race activity, but I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that had settled over me since this morning. Oscar had been watching me and Lando closely, and I knew it was only a matter of time before he confronted me. The tension between my brother and Lando had been building, and I was caught in the middle.

I was sitting in the team's hospitality area, trying to enjoy a cup of coffee and the brief moment of calm before the chaos of the race. I glanced up and saw Oscar making his way toward me, his expression serious. My heart sank, knowing what was coming.

"Jen, we need to talk," he said, his tone leaving no room for argument.

"Sure," I replied, setting my coffee down and following him to a quieter corner of the paddock. "What's on your mind?"

Oscar took a deep breath, looking at me with a mix of frustration and concern. "It's about you and Lando. I talked to him yesterday, and I'm not convinced by what he said. You've been spending a lot of time together, and it's making me uneasy."

I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest. "Oscar, I've told you, we're just friends. He's been helping me adjust to this world. It's a lot to take in, and he's been really supportive."

"I get that," he said, his voice rising slightly. "But it's more than that, isn't it? I see the way you look at each other. And don't think I didn't notice how you sneaked off together the other night."

I felt my cheeks flush with anger and embarrassment. "Oscar, you're overreacting. We're not doing anything wrong."

He shook his head, his frustration evident. "I'm not overreacting. I'm looking out for you. This world is intense and unforgiving, and the last thing you need is to get tangled up in a relationship with one of the drivers. Especially not Lando."

"And what makes Lando so different?" I demanded, my voice rising to match his. "He's kind, he's respectful, and he's been nothing but good to me."

Oscar's eyes flashed with anger. "He's a distraction, Jen. You're here to support me, not to get involved with someone who could jeopardize both of our positions."

"Maybe I'm here for more than just supporting you," I shot back. "Maybe I'm trying to find my own place in this world, and Lando's been helping me with that. You don't get to dictate who I can and can't spend time with."

Oscar's face hardened. "I'm not trying to control you, Jennifer. I'm trying to protect you. This isn't just about you and Lando. It's about our careers, our reputations. If things go wrong, it's not just you who gets hurt."

I felt a lump rise in my throat, tears of frustration threatening to spill over. "I get that you're looking out for me, Oscar. But you can't keep treating me like a child. I'm nineteen, not nine. I can make my own decisions."

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I know, Jen. But you have to understand where I'm coming from.

I've worked so hard to get here, and I don't want anything to jeopardize that. I'm asking you to be careful, for both our sakes."

I took a deep breath, trying to calm the whirlwind of emotions inside me. "I am being careful, Oscar. I promise.

But you have to trust me. Trust that I know what I'm doing and that I'm not going to do anything to hurt you or your career."

He looked at me for a long moment, the anger slowly fading from his eyes, replaced by a look of resignation. "Alright, Jen. I trust you. But please, just... be careful."

"I will," I said, feeling a mix of relief and lingering frustration. "Thank you."

Oscar gave me a brief, tight hug before turning to leave. I watched him go, my heart heavy. The argument had left me feeling drained, but I knew it was necessary. Oscar needed to understand that I wasn't a child anymore, and I needed to find my own way in this chaotic world.

Later that day, I found Lando in the garage, his face lighting up when he saw me. "Hey," he said, pulling me into a quick hug. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah," I said, leaning into him for a moment. "Oscar and I had a talk. He's worried about us."

Lando sighed, his expression serious. "I figured as much. What did he say?"

"He's concerned about how our relationship might affect his career and reputation," I explained. "But I told him we're being careful, and he's agreed to trust me. For now."

Lando nodded, his grip on my hand tightening. "We'll make it work, Jen. We'll be careful and take things one step at a time. I don't want to cause any problems for you or Oscar."

"I know," I said, feeling a surge of affection for him. "We'll figure it out together."

As we stood there, surrounded by the noise and chaos of the paddock, I felt a renewed sense of determination. The road ahead would be challenging, but I was ready to face it with Lando by my side. Our relationship was worth fighting for, and I was willing to do whatever it took to protect it.