CHAPTER 23: OSCAR'S BLESSING

Jennifer's POV

It had been a journey fraught with challenges and heartache, but as I stood in Oscar's living room, facing him with Lando by my side, I knew that this moment held the potential to mend what had been strained between us.

"Oscar," I began softly, my voice trembling slightly with nerves. "I want to talk to you about Lando and me."

He looked at me with a mixture of curiosity and guarded concern, his expression unreadable. I took a deep breath, gathering my thoughts before continuing.

"Lando and I have been through a lot," I started, glancing at Lando whose hand found mine, offering silent reassurance. "And I know it hasn't been easy for you to see us together."

Oscar remained silent, his eyes fixed on us, searching for sincerity and truth in our words.

"But Lando," I continued, turning to look at him, "has been my rock. He's stood by me through everything, supporting me, believing in me."

Lando squeezed my hand gently, his eyes never leaving Oscar's.

"I know I haven't made it easy," Oscar finally spoke, his voice tinged with regret. "I was just trying to protect you, Jen. I didn't want to see you get hurt."

"I understand that," I replied earnestly, meeting his gaze with conviction. "But Lando and I, we love each other. And we want to be together."

There was a long pause, tension hanging heavy in the air as Oscar processed my words. Finally, he exhaled slowly, his shoulders relaxing ever so slightly.

"I can see that," he said quietly, his voice filled with a mixture of resignation and acceptance. "I can see how much you care for each other."

I felt a wave of relief wash over me, tears prickling at the corners of my eyes. Lando stepped forward, releasing my hand to approach Oscar with a tentative smile.

"Oscar," he began, his voice steady despite the emotions simmering beneath the surface. "I love Jennifer more than words can express. I want to be with her, to support her in everything she does."

Oscar studied Lando for a moment, his expression softening as he looked at us standing together, united in our love and determination.

"I've seen how you've stood by her," Oscar said finally, his tone softened with a hint of warmth. "And I can't deny the genuine connection between you two."

A weight lifted off my shoulders, a burden I hadn't fully realized I'd been carrying. To have Oscar's blessing meant more than I could articulate—it meant that we could move forward together, as a family, with his support and understanding.

"Thank you, Oscar," I said softly, tears of gratitude shimmering in my eyes. "Thank you for understanding."

He nodded, a small smile playing on his lips. "Just promise me you'll take care of each other."

"We will," Lando assured him, his voice filled with sincerity.

As we stood together in the warmth of Oscar's home, surrounded by the echoes of forgiveness and newfound understanding, I knew that our journey was far from over. But with Oscar's blessing and Lando's unwavering love, I felt more hopeful than ever that together, we could face whatever challenges lay ahead, united in our bond and ready to embrace the future, hand in hand.