CHAPTER 17: A TEARFUL GOODBYE

Jennifer's POV

The weight of the past weeks hung heavy on my shoulders as I stood alone in the quiet of our hotel room. The media frenzy, the constant scrutiny—it had all taken its toll. And now, as I packed my bags, a painful realization settled over me: maybe leaving the F1 circuit was the only way to protect myself and Lando from further complications.

I carefully folded my clothes, trying to steady my trembling hands. The thought of leaving was agonizing, but I couldn't shake the fear that staying would only make things worse. Lando had been my rock through it all, but I couldn't bear the thought of jeopardizing his career or our relationship any further.

As I zipped up my suitcase, the door creaked open behind me. Lando stepped into the room, his expression a mix of concern and apprehension. He crossed the room in quick strides, his hand reaching out to touch my arm gently.

"Jen," he said softly, his voice breaking the heavy silence. "What's going on? Why are you packing?"

Tears welled up in my eyes as I turned to face him. "Lando, I... I can't do this anymore. The media, the pressure—it's too much. I don't want to hold you back."

His brows furrowed in confusion, and he shook his head. "No, Jen, you're not holding me back. We're in this together, remember? We said we'd face whatever came our way."

"I know," I whispered, my voice choked with emotion. "But I can't help feeling like I'm causing more harm than good. Maybe leaving is the right thing to do."

Lando took my hands in his, his touch warm and reassuring. "You're not causing harm, Jen. You're the best thing that's happened to me. I can't imagine going through this without you."

I squeezed his hands tightly, unable to meet his gaze. "I love you, Lando. That's why this hurts so much."

He lifted my chin gently, forcing me to look into his eyes. "I love you too, Jen. More than anything. We'll figure this out together, okay?"

I nodded, tears streaming down my cheeks. The weight of my decision hung heavy in the air, a painful reminder of the sacrifices we both had to make. Leaving the F1 circuit felt like giving up a dream, but staying felt like risking everything we'd built together.

Lando pulled me into his arms, holding me close. "We'll take it one step at a time," he murmured against my hair. "We'll find a way to make this work."

"I don't want to leave you," I whispered, clinging to him desperately.

"You won't be leaving me," he replied firmly. "No matter where you go, I'll be right there with you. We're a team, remember?"

I nodded, finding solace in his words. We had faced challenges before, and we had always come out stronger. This was just another hurdle, another test of our love and commitment.

As we stood there, wrapped in each other's arms, I knew that whatever decision I made, Lando would support me. Leaving the F1 circuit would be painful, but our love was worth fighting for. And as I leaned into his embrace, I felt a glimmer of hope that we would find our way through the storm, together.