Strive Chapter 171: Waking Up

Kibishi's POV

Bu-bump!

"*Inhale* *exhale*..." I heard my own breathing.

My eyes are shut. I can feel my body becoming warmer. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Mato placing something over my mouth.

"That was reckless! You nearly killed him, Yosei!" Mato shouted.

"I know, I'm sorry!" Yosei apologizing.

Roll! Roll! Roll!

"Damn it, we're wasting time here! Mark, go to my room for heart medicine! Now!" Kibun shouted in anger.

"Mato...Kibun..." I whisper.

I saw Kibun looking at me in fright. "Hang on, Kibishi! Stay with us!"

"*Pant* *pant* *pant*" I pant away with my heart feeling heavy.

I can't..keep my eyes open any...longer...

...Everything went dark...

Three weeks later...

Beep....beep...beep...beep...

I slowly opened my eyes and saw the white roof over my head. Huh. I wonder why I'm seeing the roof.

"*Inhale* *exhale*" is all I can hear from my breath.

Wait...

Did I-?!

Bu-bump!

Someone's here? I looked to my left and saw Tao sleeping next to me on the bed, I assume.

"What time is it?" I thought to myself as I slowly sat up. I felt my chest, and I could feel my heart beating fast. "That's way worse than last time," I say.

I look at Tao again, who seems to be very tired.

I slowly looked at the table a bit further away from Tao, and I saw some bread with chess alongside some apple juice. Not to mention some heart medicine.

I chuckle and smile at Tao's direction.

"Geez, you never cease to surprise me, Tao. Though, I would do the same if I were in your shoes." I said.

That's right.

It's like that the last time, too.

So it shouldn't be surprising to see Tao in my room again, sleeping. I just hope Tao didn't starve herself again, for my sake.

Grumble!

...And there goes my answer.

I saw my phone next to me, and I turned it on.

"Whoa! It's been three weeks?!" I say in shock. I look at Tao in fright. "I hope you didn't stay here every day without food!" I say in fear.

Oh, Tao, what am I going to do with you?

"..." I lower my head and close my eyes. 

I open them again and then shake my head. "What am I going to do with myself? The fight with the creatures is getting tougher, and we barely get out of there alive with the skin of our teeth. Hmm..."

"Mm...?" I heard a particular sleepy head waking up from her slumber. 

I look at her curiously as she tilts her head back and forth.  "What happen...? I brought breakfast in case....ah!" Tao suddenly goes on the bed and quickly rests on my waist. "K-Kishi! Are you okay?! How are you feeling?! Do you need a doctor, or...?!"