chapter:9

Everyone stared at her as she walked out of the school counselor's office, and inspired by last night's events, whispers followed her every where she went.

" She's crazy. "

"She almost killed Sophie, last night."

"Psycho Bex."

The whispers flew right into her ears and she hated how close to the truth they were. Not the one about the murder, or the one about Sophie. The truth that not even Danny and Kale knew about. The truth about her mom's disappearance.

That night. The night of Lucy Grape's disappearance. The night of Richard Grape's arrest, there was so much yelling, so much anger.

Then suddenly, Lucy was on the floor. A fork sticking out of her neck. Blood gushing out, flooding around her. She tried to breathe or maybe she was trying speak...did it really matter.

Ashley's screams of horror made the ground vibrate. Richard covered Ashley's mouth and threatened her to silence.

He told them to remain quiet as he carried Lucy away. One second the fork was in Bexie's hand then the next...

The memory is blurry, but Bexie remembers that her dad turned himself over to the police and Lucy was never found. However, there are things she'll never forget. The force she used to tier through Lucy's flesh, the warmth of her blood as it spilled over her hands and the looked Lucy gave her.

It was an accident, maybe not. Either way the same girl that sunk a fork into her mother's neck was going after Sophie.

                          🍒

"Here is the situation," Bexie started to explain her plan to her companions over some snacks over at The Crimson Ginger, " we killed a man who's body found it's way to the sheriff's living room. Who did it? It doesn't matter. What matters is that Sophie knows and she has the picture in her phone as evidence. So the plan is simple, Sophie needs to be silenced."

Zoey comes over to their booth and placed Danny's grilled cheese burger on the table," thanks mom," he said with a proud smile. He was so proud of her for finally finding a job she enjoyed.

"And how do we do that?" Kale questioned as he took a spoon full of ice cream. If only his mom could see him now.

Bexie tossed him a stare. A sharp stare that was suggesting the unthinkable. "No!"

" We don't have a choice."

"No!"

" I don't wanna go to prison but there has to be another way," Danny stepped in.

" Unless you know how to induce amnesia, I don't think there is."

Danny remained silent not knowing what else to say.

"We have to do it, and we have to do it tonight."

"Count me out," Kale stood up, finally drawing the line.

"If everything goes well, we may not even have to kill her," Bexie persisted.

"We were going to kill her!?" Danny exclaimed softly.

" We just need to capture her, hide her in my basement and hopefully scare her enough to protect our secret."

"Are you even hearing your self, you sound crazy," Kale's voice was getting raspy. He was getting scared.

"She could be telling her dad's right now. Our secret could take us to jail," Bexie actually believed she was being responsible.

"Your secret," Kale finally gathered the strength to say it, " it's your secret, Bexie. You!" Bexie's face turned pale. She was speechless. "Am sorry, but this has gone too far."

"It's not going to work. We need to come clean," Danny said softly with comforting eyes. This was the right thing to do. This is what a sane person would do, but Bexie wasn't sane... not anymore.

" Tomorrow, am going to confess everything. If you  won't come with us..." Kale hesitated, what he was about to say was blasphemy to them,"  then you're on your own."

Bexie's heart broke. Suddenly, she felt like the little girl in the park who no one wanted to hang out with, only this time _ she was truly alone.

Kale hated that he had to do that, but he was right.

His mom was angry at him for coming home late, so predictable, and as punishment she locked him in his room. Obviously.

He didn't fight, he didn't complain. He went silently to bed. Come the following morning, Kale _will be gone and on everyone's doorstep, a message to all of Willowdon that the worst was yet to come.

A/N. On this particular chapter I wanna know what you think because that was one heck of a secret Bexie is trying to hid.

What will happen when the secret comes out? She's already short on people she can trust.