chapter:15

In Willowdon, Saturday mornings were some how the brightest. This one was no different.

Light rays pierced though Bexie's bedroom windows, slowly dragging her and her sister from their dreams.

The night before, the half sisters cried themselves to sleep. Somehow waking up with Ashley's arms tightly around Bexie.

"Ashley, youawake?" Bexie asks as she snuggles around Ashley's embarrass.

"No," she groaned with a sleepy smile while reinforcing her hold on Bexie.

"We should probably get out of bed before we starve to death," Bexie says as she pulls away from Ashley's grip.

"Noooo," Ash pulls her closer but Bexie pushes back. Ashley falls off the bed with a thud and Bexie bursts into a laugh. "What are you, five?" She asks as she rubs her head with an annoyed smile and they both start laughing.

"What are you feeling," Ashley asks as they walked to the kitchen.

"Am feeling," Bexie stretches the last syllables as she considers,"maybe grand lemon muffins or ice cream baguettes "

"I was thinking ordinary pancakes," she laughs.

"Pancakes sound good."

And together they start mixing and whisking as they sing along to Dua lipa's IDGAF at the top of their lungs. Dancing with bowls in their hands, using wooden spoons as microphones and occasionally chasing each other with flour.

"Oh no not again?" Ashley cries out as another batch of pancakes burns. This was one out of seven burnt pancakes ." Sorry am not a good cook."

"It's okay, I had lots of fun making these," she said as she sent the pancakes into the trash with all the others. "Am in the mood for some ice cream anyway."

"Bexie, it's freezing outside. Ice cream wouldn't be good for you," she pauses," let's do it."

Suddenly Bexie's phone rang," hello," she answered.

"It's June, I think I know where Kale is being held." Bexie's heart drops.

Surely enough, the rest of her merry band also got the call from June claiming she had found something interesting.

June asked them all to meet her late at night at the recked candy store, Charles's candy store.

"It's a sleepover at Sophie's,"... was now Bexie's go to excuse when asked where she was headed late at night.

The candy store was at the darkest part of the town. The area was completely abandoned. No one ever went anywhere near it. With a flashlight in hand she dared.

She took cautious steps into the dark neighborhood. Seeing only inches ahead. She suddenly felt a sudden tight grip on her arm. She dropped the flashlight in panic, preparing herself to release the world's most distressing scream when a hand covered her mouth.

It was Sophie,thank God, " you scared me to death," she said angrily as she tried to catch her breath.

"Shhh," Sophie covered her lips with her index finger as the light from her flashlight illuminated her blue eyes. They were a fait blue. Shinny and almost icy.
"We have to stay quiet," she whispered.

"Is everyone here," June asks as she came from the misty darkness with her flashlight.

"We're all here," Danny answers for all of them.

"What did you find," Bexie asks.

"I'll explain on the way," June led the way as they venture into the recked candy store. " My dad told me that Charles Cinnamon had a candy store. This must be it."