chapter:10

Right there on every doorstep in Willowdon, was an envelope. The contents of the envelope was a sheet of paper. A sheet of paper with a dreadful message.
____________________________________
Date of birth: unknown .

Age: unknown.

Nationality: unknown.

Sex: male.

Name: Jackson cinnamon.

Victim appears to be a white middle aged man.

Fifteen stab wounds on his chest, the length of an average kitchen knife.

On his back, the words " cinnamon's candy clot is coming back to town," are carved, possibly  carved by the same knife that made the stab wounds.

The carvings as well as the stabs were...

____________________________________

It was an autopsy report. Printed copies and delivered anonymously to everyone's door step.

Zoey, Danny's mom didn't even bother Finishing it. Her face filled with terror, her eyes shimmering with thin tears of fear. She dropped the sheet of paper and rushed away, hoping to hide her distress from her two kids who were having cereals on the breakfast table.

Cherry, filled with curiosity took the paper to see what was on it.
Danny watched as Cherry's breathing come to a sudden stop. Her already massive eyes widened as her lips started to tremble. Then her legs lost strength and she fell.

Danny rushed from his sit to help his sister and he accidentally caught a glimpse of the contents of the paper. There were writings on it but also vivid pictures of a chest with fifteen red and black stab wounds, a picture of a man's back with letters carved on it and _ a man's face. The face was almost blue with bulging veins, swollen eyes and a cookie on its mouth.

" Danny," Cherry cried out, her sweet voice all shaken, " I saw you and _ and... bur... burying..."

A chill went down his spine as it all dawned on him, everything all at once, making his heart leap to his throat. He couldn't breathe ,at that moment, he forgot how to.

He spread out his arms to Cherry and held her tightly to his chest for comfort. Either for Cherry or for himself, it didn't matter. They both needed a good hug.

" Am scared," she said beneath her tears.

" Me too," Danny admitted.

                         🍒

Agatha, Kale's mom hadn't yet seen the autopsy report. She was far too gone. For the past twenty four hours she was in Kale's bed. Clinging to his navy blue sheets, occasionally sniffing them. Though she wasn't sure if her noise still worked. It was red, sour and num. Very painful to breathe through after a sixteen hour weeping session.

Kale's disappearance struck Agatha like a bolt of lightning. Hard and fast. She completely lost her mind over the fact that Kale wasn't in his room after she locked him up.  Her husband insisted that Kale was being rebellious and would soon show up but, a full day later _ nothing.

Kale was gone.

Agatha was completely convinced that Kale was abducted. Of course there might have been some chance that he ran away, but that seemed more painful to consider because it was more likely to be true. That he ran away _ because of her. He ran away from her.

Matt, her husband, later came in with a terrified look in his eyes. He was holding an envelope. The autopsy report.

"Is it about our son?" She asked,  her voice rough from all the crying.