chapter: 4

At least she got the picture. It was blurry and dim, but_she had it. Someone died. She killed some one. He was somewhere in the ground and she was at the comfort of her room, but at least she got the picture.

This was what she needed to prove that... what was she trying to prove? That she wasn't homicidal? I guess we all know the answer to that.

But she didn't mean to. She just wanted a picture... and she got it.

                         🍒

When they were done crying, they decided to do something about the body. Go to the police? No. Tell an adult? Never. Get rid of it and never speak of it? Perfect.

But first they had to do something. For the sake of their friendship, they did it for Bexie.

They wiped the blood from their faces, including the corpse's. They carried the body to an old mossy couch, and held it upright, forcing it to a sitting position. Kale then shoved a cookie into the corpse's mouth, half of it sticking out. So they glued it to his lips.

Where did the glue even come from?

It didn't look that convincing. His eyes were wide open, he looked so pale not to mention the cookie could fall from his dry, dead lips at any second, but it would have to do.

They all smiled for the picture. Kale noticed that Bexie's smile was the brightest, as if there wasn't a dead body between them with a cookie in it's mouth.

They did it. And it was the stupidest thing they have ever done.

They draged the body to the Weeping woods. Nobody saw them, apparently crime is much easier during the night. Everyone got a shovel and started digging.

They kept hearing footsteps, and voices, making them stop and look around to see if anyone was there. The situation was dire, they decided to ignore the noises. After all, the Weeping woods were commonly associated with whispering spirits of those who died there, hence the name.

Within no time, the corpse was buried. However, Kale thought that the ditch might have been too shallow but Bexie assured that it was just fine. They marked the spot with a stick. The next day they would properly get rid of it. Maybe dunk it into the river or set it on fire.

That's when they caught Cherry. Poor thing had a front row sit to everything that had happened. She was modified. They didn't tell her not to tell anyone. They didn't have to.

To clean up, the three of them sat in Zoey's bathtub in their underwear letting the water carry away the dirt, the blood, hopefully _ the guilt.

Quickly, they all settled in the recked living room just in time for Zoey to open the door at 9:00 pm in the evening.  Innocence _ ripped.

                          🍒

But at least she got the picture.

Suddenly, in the midst of her thoughts a phone rang. It wasn't her phone though, it was the victim's. She had taken it just Incase someone tried to track it and accidentally stable upon the body.

Someone was calling. She picked it up and read the  name on the screen.

"Shortcake," she read. That is the cutest name ever. She thought bitterly. She let it ring, wondering who Shortcake was. A few moments later, there was a voicemail.

Bexie knew it was a bad idea, but she wanted to know. She wanted to know what exactly she had done, to understand the level of cruelty of her actions.

She wanted to remind herself that the person she had un_alived was an actual person...she wanted to feel sorry, she wanted hate herself.

" Dad? It's me..." The voicemail started, already crushing her, " ...I just wanted to tell you that...the school play is next week," the voice was soo sweet but broken, like a little girl who's dreams had always been crushed, " am playing the lead in the school play. I know you're busy, but I'd love it if you could come." It ends.

Well, Shortcake's dad wasn't going to his daughter's play. He would be too busy, too busy being worm food. Maybe he would have been thrilled to attend. Shortcake would have been Soo happy, but now, her dad was gone, and he was never coming back.

Bexie wondered what if it was her dad or her mom. What if someone had stabbed any of them... fifteen times and she still believed that they were out there _ alive. If she found out that they were murdered, even if by accident, would she forgive that person?

No! What she had done was unforgivable, that's why nobody was going to find out, if not for her sake, then by god it would be for Shortcake.

She picked up her phone and starred at the smiley picture of the corpse with a cookie in it's mouth. Danny and Kale were smiling in the picture but she smiled the brightest.

She hated that both Danny and Kale were in this mess with her, but there was nothing she could do. The damage had been done. All she could do was send the picture to Sophie and act like everything went as planned.

Come Monday, they would permanently get rid of the body and everyone will think the visitor left just as he had arrived. It would  be like he had never even visited.

A/N. Poor short cake😭. Things didn't go as planned and they are only going to get worse.

This trio is going to find out how stressful murder can be. Will they figure it out or will they slowly loose their minds. 😁

Bye.