chapter:11

It was locked deep inside their minds. Though they tried to forget. To pick up the pieces and move on, but no. Not even for a second. It never slipped there minds.

It was a rainy September when they first came to Willowdon. The Cinnamons. Charles, Jackson and little Samuel. Three orphan brothers, looking for a fresh start.

                              🍒

"So according to these reports, this is what we know about the cinnamons." Sophie said as she laid her hands on her table where documents and a bunch of reports were scattered.

Sophie, Bexie, Danny and June all met at Sophie's to gather information on the cinnamons.

"There are three cinnamons in total..."

"Three cinnamons _ that we know of," June corrected.

" Charles, Jackson and little Samuel," Bexie listed them one by one as she placed a mug shot of Charles, a high school year book photo of Jackson and cute picture of Samuel.

"According to this autopsy report on Charles, he was only nineteen at the time of his death," June added.

"Wait, Charles is dead?" Danny asked.

" Yep. He died in a jail sell, but here's the scary part. When his body was brought in for an autopsy, large sums of his skin and flesh were missing. "

"Did a police officer do that?" Sophie asked with disgust.

" The flesh was ripped out by teeth. Rat teeth."

"Oh my god!" Bexie exclaimed softly. She got chills cold enough to freeze her blood.

"There's more," June said, her dark eyes wide open dramatically, as if she was telling some scary story.

"There's more?" Danny asked. His tone filled with nausea.

"The large chunks of meat from his arms and legs were ripped off by human teeth," it looked like she was enjoying this." Later it was discovered that he was slowly consuming himself. His death was ruled out as a suicide."

"And I think I know why," Sophie says as she takes out a criminal record."At the age of nineteen, Charles Cinnamons was arrested in 1992, and the charges are crazy. Just listen to this: kidnapping, human cruelty, child abuse and mass murder."

"Who was this guy?" Danny exclaimed in horror.

"Maybe he was framed," Bexie said.

"Maybe," June replied, unconvinced. " What about Jackson? What's his story?"

"Nothing much," Bexie held up a copy of an old news paper from 1992. " He was a senior at Willowdon Highschool, but a day after he was crowned prom king he disappeared with Samuel."

" Oh my gosh," Sophie looks at the newspaper and the criminal record with a comparative stare," they disappeared the day after Charles was arrested. They probably ran away."

" Do you think they had something to do with Charles's crimes?" Jude asked.

" I bet they did. Why else would they ran?"

"I don't think so," Bexie steps in," I think they just wanted to get away from all of it."

" Am with Bexie on this one.  Jackson did come back to Willowdon about thirty five years later and didn't do anything," Danny said.

"He was in Willowdon for only two days before he was..." Jude's words trailed off as everyone looked at Bexie.

"Before I stabbed him. Fifteen times," Bexie let the words flow out of her. After all, she didn't kill him.

"Before_ he was mysteriously murdered," Jude corrected Bexie  as she gave her hand a comforting squeeze.

"That makes two dead Cinnamons," Danny makes the conclusion," what happened to the third little piggy?"

"Samuel was ten years old when it all happened," Sophie holds up a clear picture of him," after Charles's arrest... Nothing."

"So he could be alive?"

"It's possible, but..." Suddenly there was a knock and Sophie's dad, the sheriff, came in.

He first looked around as if looking for clues and only found Sophie with some new friends in her always neat room having a tea party?

"I thought you didn't like tea parties anymore," he said with a smile. He was in a shirt buttoned to his chest, bulging biceps stretching his sleeves. His golden hair spikey and messy as always.

He looks a lot like Sophie," Bexie thought.

Everyone was holding a tea cup with there pinkies in a ninety degree bend. Their cover was perfect but Sophie's dad was a natural detective. They could tell he wasn't convinced.

"Mr Andrew Bennett," Danny said in an aristocrat accent that shocked every one, " would you care for some tea, it's absolutely divine." Everyone was getting goosebumps. If that couldn't convince him, they were positivity busted.

"I would love to," he bought it. A little too much though because he rushed to take a sit. Why was Danny's accent so convincing?

"Do you here that? " Sophie asked with a hand to the back of her ears, " it's Daddy, he's calling you. Guess you'll have to join us another time," she lies so effortlessly. Bexie almost believe her.

Andrew knew his daughter wanted some privacy so he went along with it, " coming honey," he yelled as he stood up to leave.

"Mr Bennett," Bexie called before he left, " are you any closer to finding Kale?"

"We are doing everything we can. Don't worry, we will find him."

"What about my mom?"

He froze for a long while then said," her to," before making a ran for it. The mood then completely changed.

"It has to be Samuel," Danny tried to bring back their spirits," he's the only Cinnamon left. He's probably the one who killed Jackson and took Kale."

"And my mom," Bexie whispered under her breath but everyone heard her. However, she knew deep down that Samuel wasn't responsible for her mom_ because she was.

" Cinnamon's cady clot is coming back to town," Sophie read the words carved on Jackson's back in the picture, " what do you think it means?"

"That Samuel is probably coming back," said June.

"But what the hell is a candy clot?"

A/N. This friend group might be on to something but the hunt is far from over.

Comment your guess on who'll be the first to die.😆 Just kidding 😅 but I still wanna know.