Part 17

Amelia's Pov

It's being at least five days after that night. God i hope I didn't embarrass myself too much.
I asked that old guy;Rick, for his bosses number so I could buy her a meal to say thanks for looking after me that night.

I messaged him yesterday asking if it'll be possible for his boss to meet up today. 

He told me told that a coffee shop would be fine being as his "Boss, is very business."

I'm just now sending the address as i didn't have much time to check my phone yesterday.
I was busy picking myself up out the tub after every tear. Sigh.

Sure seems nice to be rich.
I couldn't even get her personal number, is she like a celeb or something, mm they really got it under control.

Thinking about how all this escalated.
There's no way i could tell Noemi about this, it's already gone too far.
She did call yesterday to check up on me tho, i had to tell her it was just a fling. It breaks my heart to have to lie to her.
I'll just have to buy her boss a meal and forget about it. I thought to myself.

I heard my phone ping as i walked out of the shower and went straight to my room to pick it up.
Reaching for it on my pillow exactly where i left it.

(Mr. Rick)
> Be there at 8:00.

Classic.

It's 7:15. Let me go put some clothes on.

*2 minutes past 8am at the coffee shop*

Checking my watch and I'm clearly on time.
Hands clasped together under my chin as i lean onto the table looking around and in front of me at the people entering but there's no one in sight.
Where is she? No one drinks coffee at 8pm so that wouldn't be it? Would it?
It's clearly 8am. I debate with myself.

Fit check. My attire is casual. A boyfriend jeans and a compression pale blue shirt with white sneakers.
I grip the end of my shirt attempting to set it right.

"Good to finally meet you sober, Dominio Zerulu but you might have already have known that."
I look up, and there's a tall man in a grey suit hovering over the table attempting to sit.

"I'm sorry, who are you?"it rolls off my tongue.
I hold my hands out as to stop him from sitting but he sits anyway.

He stares. I look away. That's a mean stare you have there.

"Are you new? How long have you being working at the company to not know your boss?" he says in a deadpan done.

I chuckled. I seem to have gathered a few bosses lately i think to myself and then realization hits me.

My eyes widen.

"You're the boss?"i asked faintly.
Shxt he did say his name was Zerulu, how did i not clock that.

I can see him adjust him suit, tilting his head to look at me from another angle.

I flush embarrassingly."I apologize for the misunderstanding, I don't work at the company."

"Dark coffee please", he tells the waitress.

"I'll have milk with mine", I gave her a faint smile, ruffling through my brain the current event.

"Elaborate." he says in a deadpan tone.

"You see," I awkwardly rub my hands together in between my lap.

"I accompanied my cousin to the party," I barely managed to let out.

"Who is this cousin you speak of?" he asks taking his coffee from the table as the waitress walks back to her assigned area.

"I'm sorry I wish not to disclose," I bowed my head a little as a gesture as to apologize.
"I wanted to thank you for looking out for me that night, I hope i didn't cause you any trouble," i flushed awkwardly. Trying to keep my composure.

"You did in fact cost me an arm-", he lets me know, he's clearly good with conversations. It's like any other day for him.

I can see my phone lit up from my peripheral vision and it's my landlord.

"I'm sorry can you give me a minute please, i haven't fully thanked you as yet", i say as i rush to the bathroom to speak.
Why now.

Readers Only⬇️❤️
Leave your thoughts here.
~Love Alee