Brother and Sister

I tried to calm myself down, As I knocked on Liz's door

I tried to calm myself down, As I knocked on Liz's door. A broken voice came from inside.
my heart broke as I listened to her.
I shouldn't have yelled at her.

I again knocked on the door as I said "hey Liz, this is me can I come in?" my voice was soft.

As it always should be.
A hummed sound  came from the inside. I opened the door and walked inside.

she was laying on her bed, The whole room was dark and she kept a blanket over her head. I went to her bed side and sat on the bed.

"Hey, do you want to talk?" My voice was calm. Tons of thoughts were running in my head. She shakes her head 'No' from inside her blanket.

"I'm here to listen, you know?" I reminded her.
At one point in our life, we promised each other that we will always tell each other everything.

More like she did.

As time passed I stopped doing that, everything I've been doing would've been too much for her, I couldn't risk her.

She is the only one I have.

I tried to take the blanket away from her but she denied. Does she really hate me now.
But you wanted it, didn't you.

"Hey, but I wanted to talk. Won't you listen?" She jumped up. And sat up straight. Her eyes red. She sniffled.

I didn't talk to her much. So whenever I do she listens to me attentively.

"Tell me" She takes both of my hands in hers. As she looked at me with those innocent eyes. I sat on the bed and crossed my legs.
She mimicked my position.

"You know, I had a long day" I couldn't think of anything else. "Ok" She looked up at me with hope.

My little sister never deserved any of this trouble.

"And.... That's it. I am tired because of it" I didn't lie nor did she look disappointed.

"Ok, it going to be alright" She said those encouraging words everything time. I smiled a little. "now tell me about your girlfriend" She giggled.

Fuck, I totally forgot about it.

"She...sh-she's my girlfriend" I said. "I know silly tell me how you met her"
"At a party" I said the first things at came to my mind. "Ahh it's not that romantic" She looked a little disappointed.

Then, She asked me tons of other questions about Veronica. Like where we went on our first date? When do I start to like her? Who proposed?
I have responded with 'I did' otherwise she would've eaten my ears off saying I'm not romantic. Like her 'book boyfriend'

She and her stupid books.

Sometimes I doubt if I'm raising this kid right.

She also asked some questions like, Where and when do we had our first kiss? Etc etc.