𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 3

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"woah, something smells good."

a smile blooms on marcille's lips as she strides inside her home, rushing to the kitchen with her broom.

"hey mom, i'm home!"

the elf girl makes her way behind her mother, trying to peek over her.

"what are you making, mom?"

the older elf chuckled as she turns around, holding a hot pot.

"it's your birthday, remember? i made all the recipes you love."

"ehh? really?!"

"yes, of course. i whipped up all of your favourites."

marcille stood on the tip of her toes as she leans forward on the table, gazing at the food in front of her when her expression suddenly morphed into pure horror.

"straight from the bowels of the dungeon!"

"ahhhh!!!"

she screams and suddenly, she was woken out of the nightmare.

"ahh... it was just a dream... eugh..."

the elf girl rubbed her face as she released a breath, trying to calm her nerves.

"marcille? are you alright?"

at this, marcille froze and slowly looks up with a sense of familiarity on her face and sure enough, [name] was right there— sitting in front of her with a curious look.

'oh... that's right. maybe everything was just a bad dream. haha, yeah... maybe i was just being paranoid.'

she chuckled to herself, shaking her head at how ridiculous everything was. eating a scorpion, slime and monster plants? psh, as if! you tell that to anyone and they'd think you're high on weed or something.

"y-yeah! i'm fine, just got startled by a bug..."

marcille chuckled, picking up the cup of coffee in front of her.

"oh, alright."

[name] hums with a small grin, reaching for her own cup.

"so i was thinking... since falin was recently wedded, i might want to get married soon enough—"

tea splattered out as marcille literally spits everything out and coughed violently, and [name] almost jumped out of her seat from shock.

"marcille?!"

"cough— wh-what?! falin... ehEGH— IS MARRIED?!"

"uh, yes...? falin and shuro got married just a month ago..."

that sentence made marcille spiral into insanity as she blanked out, a look of pure shock and horror on her face.

'no— ain't no WAY'

"you look shocked. you were literally there with us..."

"u-uh, i— uhhhh... y-yeah... i remember..."

"ehem, as i was saying..."

[name] brushed off her strange behaviour and dabs her now tea-soaked shirt with a towel, a soft smile on her lips.

"i'm planning to get married as soon as possible too. laios had already proposed to me—"

"WHAAAAATTTT????"