Never left without saying goodbye.

I cry at this song, every time. It's from the game Deemo, which I've actually never played, but my friend recommended the song to me. And if you love this, the entire next chapter is based on some music I found! Italics are things said in Old Norse, btw. They flew together. Cami taught everyone a bit of formation flying, and taught Kwazii various swear words and insults in German (Old Norse was a Germanic language, so quite a lot of German is the same/similar. Camicazi got homeschooled in German as well.) which Captain Barnacles knew he would have to stop soon.

One day, Kwazii came across Camicazi murmuring to her dragon, and reading runes that Stormchaser was scratching into the dust.  She hadn't seen him, and carried on talking to her dragon in Old Norse. "Yeah, I know. But how am I supposed to tell them? I can't just go and say 'Oh, by the way, you're all gonna have to leave the dragons when you go. Sorry I have what you can't.' but I don't exactly know the best way to put it." She mumbled sadly.

Kwazii walked up, saying cheerfully "Camicazi! How are you lass?" He didn't understand the old Norse Cami had spoken to Stormchaser, but he could tell something was bothering her. "Oh, I'm ok. Conceal, don't feel. With that, I'm fine." Cami replied, seeming calm. She hummed a strange , sad piece of music under her breath, waiting for Kwazii to leave. But he didn't. "What was that Old Norse? And the song?" He asked. Kwazii was a curious cat. And there was no doing anything aboooooouuuuuut it! (Anyone get the Cats the Musical reference?) Cami cursed under her breath.

"Oh, the Norse doesn't matter. And the song was an old lullaby my mum sang to me. It's in Japanese and it's called Fluquor. It's about loss, and saying goodbye." Camicazi told him, feeling worse and worse.

She thought for a second, then asked "What would you do if ..... You wanted to tell someone they'd have to lose something they loved very much, much sooner than they expected , but didn't want to upset them?"

Kwazii immediately guessed what she meant. "Like.... We'd have to lose our dragons? Is that's what's bothering you?"

This time, Cami didn't even bother cursing in Old Norse. "Damn, I shouldn't have told you. Yes."

"I've been thinking about that. The dragons can't leave the Hidden World, but you said it's almost impossible to find this place. And I don't want to leave my dragon behind. " Kwazii admitted.

"I don't want you to leave . You guys are the closest I've had to a family since.... Dad left. I don't want to let go of that yet. " Cami burst into tears. She was only twelve, and an orphan with a huge responsibility. The tears that she had held back for years fell down her face, making her fur damp.

"Oh matey. You won't be alone again. " Was all Kwazii could say as he hugged the crying wolf-girl. "You're my little sister now, you're our Octo-family and we won't let you be alone."

Their dragons came and curled around the two, trying to comfort their riders. Eventually, Camicazi let go. "Thank you. I really needed that." She sniffed. She hadn't realised that Kwazii could be so kind, especially as they had had a fight the moment they met each other. "You know, it's very possible to find the Hidden World if you know where it is. And I can send you the co-ordinates for this place" She smiled. "That would work, matey!" Kwazii laughed.

That night, the Octonauts had a meeting. "Camicazi says she's almost ready to get the Octopod out of the Hidden World." Captain Barnacles told his team. "But we won't be able to come back and see our dragons again. And I have loads more research to do." Shellington protested. "And I don't want to leave Cami alone. She's like a sister now." Peso added. "Yeah, and she doesn't want us to leave either. She says we're like her family. Come on Captain! We can't just leave like that." Kwazii agreed loudly.

Captain Barnacles sighed. He'd come to love the wild wolf too. She had a kind personality and explored, rescued and protected dragons and the Hidden World. Just like an Octonaut. "Agreed. But how will we manage to do our job on the oceans and be here?" He asked.

"Well, Captain, Camicazi gave me the co-ordinates to the world when she was helping Tweak and I install an Old Norse translator on the Octopod. We can come back. Maybe we could visit Camicazi every year or maybe twice a year? Peso and Kwazii are right, she is family now." Dashi suggested.

"Sounds good to me!" Barnacles smiled, and the other Octonauts agreed. The next day, the plan was suggested to Cami. She agreed wholeheartedly. A few more days, she said, and they'd be ready to get the Octopod out.

The time came for the Octonauts to leave. They all gave Camicazi their phone numbers, and promised to text and call regularly. They also said that if they ran into one of the Drowned Rats, they'd say hi.

Peso pulled Cami aside for a moment. "Please stay safe down here. And tell me if you need help. I don't want you hurt here and not having help. Promise?" He looked into her eyes. Cami tried not to cry as she agreed. "Promise. I'll take good care of all your dragons. I'll miss you more than they will. " She said as Peso hugged her, saying "I'll never leave without saying goodbye. You deserve it." Cami hugged her Octo-adopted brother back. "I wouldn't let you leave without saying goodbye.".

They returned to the others. Captain Barnacles stepped towards her. "Camicazi Vengence. I would like to offer you the position of Dragon Guardian of the Octonauts. I would also like to become your adopted father, if you want it?" Cami looked at him, smiling in happy disbelief. "I accept them both! Thank you!"  She laughed. "Then I'm very proud to call you my fellow Octonaut and my daughter!" He hugged Camicazi, and the other Octonauts joined them in a huge, happy group hug .

Cami smiled with happy tears in her eyes as she watched a group of dragons lift the Octopod out of the Hidden World. She had a family now, and even though they were leaving, it wasn't forever and they'd come back and never leave her alone. Camicazi Octo-Vengence was a very happy wild wolf.

But this was not the happy ending of this story.