Alone

Credits to the creator of the song! I am basing the chapter on it! Lyrics in italics (there will be minor edits to them).

Time passed. The Octonauts travelled the world.

Cami was playing her piano, thinking of her Octo-family. An Alan Walker song came to her mind and she sang. "Mirrors they never lie, don't see myself inside."

Peso was thinking of her, as well: "Within her castle walls."

Cami: "You were the shadows to my life, do you feel us? Another star, you fade away"

Dashi was humming another Alan Walker song: "Take me through the night, fall into the darkside, we don't need the light, we'll live on the darkside."

A year or two passed, and the Octonauts came to visit, annually. But they always had to leave soon after they came. "But we got time"

"Where are you now?" Cami wondered. "Atlantis. Under the sea, under the sea. Where are you now?" She was imagining where her adopted family was.

Another year passed. Peso still thought of his older Octo-adopted sister..... "We used to sit down at the piano, serenade each other with careless melodies"  He recalled. It was something they did every year, every visit.

Cami was skating in time with her own shadow."Wait a second, let me catch my breath. Remind me how it feels to hear your voices"

Tweak muttered, as she heard her crew singing "And we all know."

"We're not in love, we share our stories, I see it in your eyes" Peso hummed.

The Vegimals sang, ADORABLY  : "We are unity."

Another few years.....

"Anywhere, anytime , I would do anything for you. Anything for you." Camicazi sang, wishing she could tell them this in person.

"If this night is not forever , at least we are together..." Dashi started. "...I know I'm not alone, I know I'm not alone." Tweak finished her song.

"We were young, posters on the wall, praying we're the ones that nobody would call." Shellington stopped in the middle of an experiment, humming.

Kwazii smiled to himself : "We would stare at each other, cause we were always in trouble."

"I know I'm not alone!" Camicazi told herself.

A few more years. Cami took her GCSEs and A-levels, both times her Octo-family looked after her world. She stayed with her school friends for a day or two afterwards both times, and then the Octonauts stayed for a few days with her. And then they left again.

"Fall into the darkside" Dashi hummed nonchalantly.

"Hello hello. Do you need me, before I fade away?" Peso texted Camicazi. A line from the Alan Walker song The Spectre. The message was read, but never replied to.

Cami read that same message, a minute after it had been sent,and ran into her room, closing the door and shut her curtains:"I draw the blinds, they don't need to see me cry." She sang.

"You played for me, oh"  "I know I'm not alone " Peso and Cami overlapped.

"I swear it even in my sleep, I hear it, like the memories of everything it used to be ." Dashi sang, as Tweak sang "Fall into the darkside"

A few years later, Kwazii was telling Pinto and Koshi about Camicazi "Cami was a little girl, she still guards the Hidden World. She grew up within her Worlds walls."

Barnacles could see how much his crew missed Cami. She was family to all of them. He missed her too. She was the girl he was proud to call his Octo-daughter. "I see those tears in your eyes. I feel so helpless inside."

About a year later, Cami was having a bad day. She asked Stormchaser "What's the trick I wish I knew? I'm so done with thinking through all the things I could have been, and I know they miss me too."

Stormchaser replied in Old Norse "Just let me love you when your heart is tired."

"I swear these walls are upside down, I swear the roof is on the ground ." She replied

"I wish my heart was made of stone" Tweak shouted in anger.

A few months later, Cami went to see the rest of the Hidden World; the glowing part: "Fireworms, a million little pieces, feed the dying light, and breathe me back to life. In their eyes, I see something to believe in. Scales like a flame, their touch the brightest pain." She saw the Fireworms, and sang about them. They really were beautiful.

Suddenly, she was 18, and back at the piano, playing the same song she started with, back when she was twelve.

She knew she wasn't alone, but it felt like it.

So, I'm sorry if this chapter is a bit short, and weird. I just wanted to use this song, it's too good not to. I'm an Alan Walker lover and this is currently beneficial to my life. I actually finished this chapter before "Never left without saying goodbye". Oh well.

I got my hair cut today, but I had to have it shorter than I wanted it, so my mum let me watch ages of Octonauts as compensation. Peso's Spanish accent is soooooo adorable! This is why he's going to be Cami's Octo-adopted little brother, okay. He's ADORIBUBBLES!