New roomy (pt2)

Sam

The day was hot and sunny. School was over so I had to go to work. I work at a candy store, if you haven't already gotten that.

Yes a candy store. It was the only job I could get. Don't ask stupid questions.

I walked into the shop, down towards the back and signed in. I looked around, no body was really in there.

My boss yelled at me from the back to come to his office. I grunted and walked back.

"I need you to do me a favor. In the back, there is something wrong with the boxes. Will you fix it? I'll man the counter."

"Yeah sure." was really all I said back.

I walked out back realized that he just wanted me stack some boxes. After doing this for about 15 minutes, I get hot. No one was out I took off my shirt because I was dying.

I kept stacking boxes until I heard someone scream bloody murder. I knew my boss It's wasn't going to help. I grabbed the nearest thing to me, which was a broom. What the hell am I going to kill with a broom?

I ran into a room with two other people and screamed

"WHATS WRONG? WHAT HAPPENED? WHERES THE FIRE?"

The girl just looked me at funny and explained what was going on.

She had red hair and fair skin but I wasn't really paying attention to her. I was paying attention to the boy next to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a polite conversation, but the boy didn't exactly look at me or talk to me, only to the pretty girl.

After a while they had to leave, and I had to go back to work.

Tonight I get my assigned dorm room. Ugh.

The principal, Mr. Shurley I believe, told me that the boy I room with had "issues" with his last roommate, and to be carful with him.

Whatever the hell that means.

*time skip*

"Gabriel, who are they from?" I say through the locked bathroom door.

"I-I don't know?" It came out as a question... why did it come out as a question?

"Gabriel.." I say, dragging the word out. "who. are. they. from?" I Ask more firmly.

"Sam, please, just let it go." he says, opening the door, to reveal Him with dry tears on his face.

"Gabriel, what happened... Please tell me."

"Sam it isn't important, okay? I'm not important. Shit I'm late!" He began to leave but I stopped him.

"You have the shift off. I talked to your boss, you have 3 days off, full pay." I say defeated.

"Really?" He asks, as if bewildered by the fact someone were being kind to them.

"Yea, now will you please sit down and just tell me who those texts were from?"

He opens his mouth to say something, and ends up running out of the room...

Damnit.

Later on, as I'm out looking for Gabriel who's been gone for about 6 hours now, I run into Alastair. we have a very unpleasant conversation.

"Yo, Sammy boy!" I roll my eyes.

"I thought I told you to stop calling me that." I look at him, annoyed.