U N D E R W O R L D

This Chapter Contains Blood and Murder
___________________________

This Chapter Contains Blood and Murder ___________________________

___________________________

[15/11/2044]
1:01 P.M.
Kim Hongjoong >>> The Brainiac

Kim Hongjoong is starting to question why must he get checked by the faceless guards standing right outside the train's doors before he gets sent to the windowless room where he always meets Suho. He's stripped away from all of his devices and scanned by the large eye in the ceiling to make sure that he's hiding nothing in him before being escorted towards that depressing room. He runs his eyes down the cemented hallway, with nothing on its grey walls or ground. He begins to wonder if all of these protocols are taken to make sure that their plan doesn't get exposed, or if Suho was ordered by The Cabinet to do all of this so that they only can listen to everything that he says. Whether it's the first or the second, Hongjoong doesn't feel okay inside these walls, but he doesn't let it show at all. He knows that many are watching them through the countless cameras that are all around the place, keeping a close eye on every breath he takes. It's terrifying, to say the least, but he's leading what's considered a Black Operation with the entire Cabinet supporting him.

The two guards standing outside open the steel door and it screams, and Hongjoong now realizes how thick that door is— bulletproof. He steps inside the lifeless room and moves to sit on the black couch in the middle, grunting as he slumps down on it. He looks down at his wrist, hoping to check for the time, but then he realizes that his watch was also taken away from entering this place, which leaves him in the dark with time. He groans loudly and leans back into the couch, closing his eyes and furrowing his eyebrows. Coming here has become a burden for Hongjoong because he must narrate every single little detail about the HALA-HALA team and he'd rather be planning their next move by finding the man named Minseok rather than sitting in a room that's basically a cube and telling Suho everything so that his hire-ups are satisfied. Hongjoong is sure that they're spying on the entire country 24/7 and that they know more than anyone else. 

Hongjoong had watched an old Turkish TV show, called A.Riza (he only watched it because Sarah was obsessed with the main lead). In that show, the council, where all of the country's notorious mob bosses used to work together and run the underworld. They had someone else on top of them— someone much more powerful— that someone controlled them like puppets, and their word was like a sword. Hongjoong now wonders if something similar is happening now; if there's someone on top of The Scorpions, Mad Dogs, and The BloodCharade. He knows that he might be thinking far ahead of himself, but he can't help it. What if someone is controlling all of this without their knowledge; without them realizing it??