Palace Gossip

When Zuko proposed to him, it was honestly unexpected. It wasn't like they hadn't been dating long. They have been for six years. It's just... Sokka never expected the royal court to allow their marriage to come through.

But he's so happy that they did.

He ugly cried when Zuko proposed to him with a hand made betrothal necklace that had a mix of both of their Nation's colors painted onto it. It was a relatively private proposal, the royal staff along with their friends and family not even knowing.

They were eventually planning on announcing their engagement, but that seemed like something to do in person and not through a letter. So it would have to wait.

In the meantime, they didn't necessarily try to hide their relationship, but they were overall keeping it pretty professional.

Their relationship status wasn't really questioned until one day Sokka was seen "sneaking" out of the Fire Lord's chambers by a couple of maids. In reality, he was just getting some water. There was no need to sneak around, it was his bedroom too, but the staff didn't care.

"Yeah, he's his concubine." A tall maid with brown hair whispered the next day as Zuko and Sokka were eating breakfast. She was standing in the kitchen, talking to another girl who was shorter than her yet around the same age.

"Doesn't that only apply to women though?" The girl asked, raising an eyebrow.

The brunette girl shrugged, gathering up some plates. "Sure, but let's be honest-- Ambassador Sokka isn't much of a man."

The shorter maid stared at her in shock. "Did you not learn about anything in school about them?" She asked, her tone hushed.

In return, she got an unbothered look. "Yes. But--" She turned her head to look over through the window  on the kitchen door that opened up to the dinning room, "There's no way he's doing anything in bed besides sitting there."

"So now he's a pillow princess?" She crossed her arms, now finding this whole situation amusing.

The taller shrugged, picking up the plates. "Definitely."

_________

"Shit--" Zuko tossed his head back on the pillow beneath him as he grabbed Sokka's hips, digging his nails into his lover's tan skin.

Sokka bounced on his lap, a small wicked smirk plastered on his face. He leaned forward, placing his hands on Zuko’s chest to give himself better balance before he slowly lifted his hips up, letting Zuko’s dick drag out of him until he reached the head before slamming back down.

"Oh fuck--" Zuko panted out, sliding his hands up to grab at his Fiancé's waist instead.

"Getting close there, sweetie?" Sokka asked between his own noises of pleasure, his tone still coming off as teasing.

Zuko managed a stiff nod, not trusting himself to say something that didn't require a list of swears. Whenever Sokka took control, whether it be while topping or bottoming, it always left Zuko feeling like he just assended up into the damn afterlife.

_________

Nobody thought that The Fire Lord would ever  propose to some Water Tribe boy. Especially one from the South. It just seemed unrealistic. They all knew their history and how the two men were saviors of the world and all that. But the idea that their relationship was not just for sexual relief just seemed so absurd.