Chapter 27: Tonight

Third P.O.V

After what (Y/N) and Inosuke did in the brothel they were given a lot of lessons as punishment for the trouble they have caused in the brothel. The next day they were on the roof of the brothel with Tanjiro so Inosuke and (Y/N) could explain what they saw inside the brothel there investigating.

"I told you already! There's a demon in our place!" Inosuke explained but Tanjiro wasn't getting any of it.

"It looked like this! Like this!" Inosuke said and was making weird hand gestures so he can demonstrate it to Tanjiro.

"Yes well, give me some time to think." Tanjiro said.

"Well how about this?! Can you tell if I do this?!" Inosuke said and was doing weird hand gestures again.

"Uzui and Zenitsu should've been here already for our regular meeting." Tanjiro said.

"I was like this! I know it! Oi! (Mispronounced/N) Tell Monjiro about what we saw!" Inosuke said.

"Zenitsu is not coming." Uzui said.

"Zenitsu isn't coming? What do you mean by that?" Tanjiro asked.

"I'm sorry for putting you in danger. I made a lot of bad decisions because I wanted to rescue my wives. I don't know where Zenitsu is right now. I lost contact with him last night. You need to leave this district, you're not qualified enough. If there are upper rank demons here, you can't fight them. I'll consider those who have disappeared dead. Me and (Y/N)-sama will take on the rest from here." Uzui said.

"No Uzui-san. We will-" Tanjiro said but was cut of

"Don't be ashamed. Whoever lives wins. Don't misjudge and opportunity. (Y/N)-sama please get dressed, we must continue this mission, just the two of us." Uzui said and disappeared.

"Hold it old man!" Inosuke yelled

"I guess he doesn't trust us beside (Y/N)-san she is a hashira and we are at the bottom rank." Tanjiro said.

"We're Kanoe now. We've been promoted." Inosuke said.

"What?"

"Do you even remember how ranks work?" Inosuke said

"Tanjiro, when you and Inosuke along with Zenitsu you were Mizunoto, the bottom rank. Now you're Kanoe, fourth of the bottom rank." (Y/N) explained

"Watch me and Inosuke carefully" (Y/N) said. She and Inosuke showed their hand.

"Show us our rank" Inosuke said and slowly a kanji writing showed up at the back of their hand. Inosuke has a kanji writing that says 'Kanoe' while (Y/N) has a 'hashira'.

"How's that!?" Inosuke said and Tanjiro just looked at them with a surprised look.

"Didn't your hand feel funny in the Wisteria Mountain?" Inosuke said

"It was itchy, but I was tired, so I wasn't sure what it was." Tanjiro said

"It's called 'Wisteria Carving' It appears with the swelling of words and muscle tissues." (Y/N) explained.

"How did I miss this?" Tanjiro said in a gloomy tone.

"It's proof that your part of the Demon Slayer Corps" Inosuke said, and Tanjiro just sighed. Inosuke told Tanjiro to cheer up so they could continue investigating the brothel they were put at.

"I'll go to Ogimoto house at nighttime. Wait for me until then. Don't act alone" Tanjiro said.

"Why?!" Inosuke said

"I'll be done investigating my brothel today!" Tanjiro said and it pissed Inosuke off so he started pulling Tanjiro's cheek harshly.

"I already told you! We already found the demon at our place so come over right now!" Inosuke said and started slapping Tanjiro. (Y/N) on the other hand was too tired to stop those two so she decided to go back to change into her uniform and follow Uzui.

~Kyogoku House~

Inside a room of the Kyogoku House the master of the brothel held the kimono of Omitsu.

"What happened to Zenko and Hinatsuru? Give us a brief answer." Uzui asked while he pointed a kunai on the master's neck and (Y/N) stood beside Uzui.

"Don't question us back" Uzui said. The master of the brothel started sweating.

"Zenko has disappeared. Hinatsuru got sick and was sent to a low-clss brothel." He spoke.

"Tell us everything you can think of and who do you think is suspicious." (Y/N) said as she started to get impatient at the master. Uzui lowered is kunai and told the master to talk again.

"Talk, you can trust us. Whoever it is, we will exterminate it. We'll avenge your losses." Uzui said.

"An oiran named Warabihime."

"Where is her room located in this brothel." (Y/N) asked

"Her room is in the north where sunlight can't reach." The master said.

"I see, thank you for the information. Tengen-san, let's go." (Y/N) said.

"Yes, (Y/N)-sama." Uzui said and both went to the room of Warabihime.

(Y/N) and Uzui opened the window and they saw the room was empty. She and Uzui went up to the roof to look for the demon.

"(Y/N)-sama, I will visit Hinatsuru's place can you look for the demon." Uzui said and (Y/N) just nodded at him. Both went separate ways and continued running and jumping on the roof. (Y/N) decided to look for Tanjiro and Inosuke around the district to assist them if the demon suddenly shows up at their location. (Y/N) started locating them with her enhanced hearing and she suddenly she heard a loud crash from the location where Tanjiro is. She started picking up her pace so she can arrive at Tanjiro in time and help him.

~Oh my! Two chapters in oneday and yes it's still short. Im really sorry if its short. But I hope you guys enjoy it. Happy reading everyone! And don't forgot to check out my other book call "Immortality is suffocating". ~