Chapter: 13

Sounds of birds chirping and insects buzzing filled the surrounding as Izuku enjoyed the smell of the forest.

He and All Might walked through the grasses and leaves, arriving at the waterfall. Both father and son saw the hero killer waiting for them, sitting on a stone, holding what seemed like an old grimoire.

"Stain." "All Might."

"Shall we get on with our discussion?" "Alright Izuku. Stain, what are the conditions? You wouldn't just hand over the techniques on the fly."

Stain smiled as he stood up. "Right as rain, for each hero you help me bring to social justice, I will teach Greene here 10 jutsu of his choice."

"How many are there?" "Around 1000." "So we need to catch and bring 100 corrupted hero to justice."

"Yes! Do you accept?"

Stain stretched his hand, which All Might shook. "Izuku, I better see one hell of a performance during the sports festival and win it with a landslide." "I will All Might. I will."

.

.

.

.

A stadium full of kids, parents and hero enthusiast all ready to witness the spectacular that was the UA Sports Festival.

This time it was being broadcasted all over the world to restore the image of the Japanese heroes, as many cases came out in the last couple of days that lead to the sentencing of many pro heroes for wrong doings such as bribery, misuse of power and authority.

It really shook the hero society to the core.

Suddenly, All Might came down from the sky and on his shoulder was a rat in a suit who hopped off and stood on a stool as he addressed the audience.

"Welcome to all those who still trust the heroes. I know the recent days have been harsh. A lot of heroes that were trusted with protecting the people turned out to be liars, but here I stand today to not let some honorless, weak people."

"Don't let them tarnish the good that the heroes do and what better way to show that by seeing the determination and hard work of the new and unsullied generation of heroes. Please welcome the First-year students starting with Class 1-A lead by their well-known class president Izuku Yagi."

Soon enough, the class came marching out of a tunnel with Izuku at the helm.

'It has been a few days ever since I was revealed as quirkless and all of that to stay out of prison for helping someone what a sham.'

Izuku looked around at the crowd. This was the first time he had come before them and was expecting booing, but his ears rang with cheering people chanting his name.

It surprised Izuku that people could still stand in his support.

He felt a hand landing on his shoulder, bringing him out of his thoughts as he looked at his smiling girlfriend, giving her one of his signature smile.

"Now please let the representative of the first-year students Izuku Yagi come on stage and give a speech."

Momo squeezed her grip on his shoulder as Izuku nodded and walked to the stage and shook Nezu's hand.

He then shifted to the mic.

"Hello, to all that came here today and to all that are watching this from their home. I am honored that you have put such faith in us and today the new generation will like to show that we are not weak, neither our body nor our spirit."

He paused, gathering his thoughts.

"We stand before you, bearing hope of being better than our predecessor and all that they did wrong."

He did a little bow before walking off stage, allowing Midnight to take the stage.

"A round of applause for the kid with a golden heart and emerald eyes, please."

Everyone began cheering and applauding Izuku.

When the cheering stopped. "Now let's explain this year's festival. This time we will have 3 events, the first being a race around the entire venue, 2nd a cavalry battle and last but not least, a 1v1 tournament."

"All the first years get in formation, for we are about to begin the first event right away."

With that Midnight walked off stage as Two tunnels opened up on either side of the rectangular stadium with one of them having the words (start) written above.

Everyone got in position as Izuku and Momo stood at the front alongside Todoroki and Bakugo.

"Best of luck to you, Yagi!" "You too, Shoto."

Izuku then turned to face Momo as the two smiled. "See you on the other side."

"On your marks, Get, Set, GO!"

Everyone rushed forward, but Izuku had them all beat as he was out and in the open before they could even enter the tunnel

Turning back, he saw Shoto freezing the tunnel exit blocking off most of the competition except for the likes of Momo, Bakugo, Kirishima, Kendo, Sato, Tokoyami, who all broke through the ice.

Izuku grinned before facing forward. "5th Inner Gate: Gate Of Limit, Open."

This act proved to be the most beneficial thing Izuku could do as he rushed through the robot field, leaving everyone behind in the dust.

As soon as he reached the canyon, he stopped to look at the giant gap he could leap through and keep on running, but he had other plans.

He jumped to the other side, then knelt down and formed some symbols with his hands and placed them at the edge of the canyon as water came rushing forth, filling the canyon to the brim.

He followed this up by doing some more hand signs, creating a giant spear made of ice and aimed it at the water.

As he saw the others approaching, he threw the spear in the water, causing the water to explode and rise several feet in the air before it froze.

"He left behind a giant wall to stall the others. What a show of power, folks."

Izuku was rushing forth, running through the minefield setting off explosions behind him as he could hear the screams of some innocent souls getting caught up in the explosions.

"Let's end this."

With that declaration, Izuku moved so fast that it appeared like he teleported straight through the finish line, getting first place.

"Izuku Yagi comes first, followed by Momo Yaoyorozu in Second place, and Shoto Todoroki in Third."

Izuku walked over to Momo, holding her hand and lifting it up between the two of them. "You good?"

"As good as can be."

The two teens looked each-other in the eyes, smiling.

"Everyone, If I could have your attention, we now have forty-eight finalists from the race who will all be making teams of four members and out of those only four teams will advance to the finals."

She then pressed a button as a leaderboard came out on the screen. "Each person will get points based on their performance in the race. The four teams which have the most points at the end of this play will advance to the 1v1 tournament."

Izuku smirked as he looked at his points. "1 Million, huh?"

He then looked around at all the other participants beside Momo, Shoto and Kirishima, looking at him as if ready to hunt him down.

"This is getting interesting."

END OF CHAPTER.