°• 41•°

"Therapy? You're going to do therapy?" Boston couldn't believe what his best friend had just told him and Nick. He had never seen Ray so reflective.

" Yes, I'm going to do therapy. Not only for Yok's sake, but also for your sake, and the others. I don't want to hurt the people around me anymore."

"I'm surprised, Ray, I thought you would fall into old patterns and withdraw from us completely," Nick interjected. "Honestly, I was fucking pissed at you, and still am. But at least I can understand your mindset and reasons a little better now."

"I'm trying my best to prove to you that I want this change. I mean, it bugs me that I've been such an incredibly disgusting friend, especially to you, and the others." Ray was nervous as hell, he felt like he was on trial and yes it was a bit like an interrogation. He wanted this change, and he wanted a good relationship with his friends again. "I overheard that the ROL gang and the Yolo gang got together, what did I miss?" Boston crossed his arms in front of his chest and grinned at his best friend.

"Quite a lot, my dear. We were desperate as hell about the whole situation with you and also worried about Yok, had no idea what to do. So Nick and I decided that maybe if we all worked together, we could get somewhere. Didn't do anything in the end now, but we got a great circle of friends out of it."

"I'm really glad to hear that, at least something good came out of this shitty situation...," Ray swallowed. "Yok is getting better every day... I hate myself so much for letting it get this far in the first place."

"Ray, it's not your fault he went to the fight drunk. Sure, you were the catalyst for him drinking, but he's old enough to decide for himself what he's doing," The tone in Nick's voice sounded almost conciliatory. He could tell that the Yolo Gang leader was suffering a lot from the whole situation, and he felt sorry for him, even though he was still a little mad at Ray.

"Thank you, Nick... I hope that one day I can forgive myself too."

"One day for sure."

"Boston...would you make the call to the psychologist together with me?" Ray now turned to his best friend.

"Of course, if you want me to, I'd be happy to help you. That's what a best friend is there for."

The very next morning, Boston visited his best friend, who was nervously pacing around the apartment, drinking one coffee after another.

"Don't you think drinking coffee isn't the best idea right now?" Panther asked with a laugh and sat down at the kitchen table.

"It calms my nerves."

"I see; you're as calm as a monkey on cocaine."

"Honestly, Ton, I just want to run away." Ray ruffled his hair, the therapist he had emailed could call at any time, and that drove him crazy.

"You can do this. You're doing this for you Min and you need to keep that in your head all the time."

"I know Ton...I know...I'm still kind of totally scared. Not just of the phone call but the whole therapy itself, that's going to be a lot of work...especially because it will bring a lot of my past to the surface again," Ray muttered. Then his phone rang. He picked it up and put it on speaker, that way Boston could hear what the caller said.

The therapist had some questions about why Ray wanted the therapy, why he decided to do it now, and when he would have time for the first session. Ray answered all the therapist's questions conscientiously and honestly, trying not to leave out any details. Boston listened to his best friend with pride. He was glad that Ray took this step, it was long overdue that the Kitty Gang leader dealt with his past and his traumas. Right now was the perfect time, as Great finally seemed to be out of circulation.