LII. bade acche lagte hai

anupamaa :

After the dinner, a compulsion for the winning team, I headed off towards the hospital. I just could not gulp down a single morsel of food.
My mentally-wedded husband's phone was off. As far as I knew him, he kept his phone to his chest acting like it was worth a million dollars.
At this point, driving at an 80km/hour speed, half panicked, I was convinced Pakhi was exactly like her father.

Both phone freaks who could not exist without their phones. If Vanraj Shah was born in this Gen Z era, I could bet he would be one of those really hot influencer boys who sang on Insta reels with a guitar.
I wouldn't mind fangirling though.

"Anupamaa, drive slower.", Baa said from behind, almost clutching onto the seat as I took a sharp turn on the rather isolated streets of New York.
"Baa, your son's phone is dead. Only Kanha ji knows where he is. I cannot drive slowly.", I said immediately turning towards the hospital.

Everyone else had happily headed back home with the trophy and prize money.
Aadhya had insisted on staying with our family this night, and Shruti did not look offended by it. Anuj I could not notice because I almost ran after realising Mister Shah's phone was dead.

I drove into the hospital campus, hurriedly parked the car and rushed upstairs.
Baa slowly tagged along.

I rushed to the OT where Mahi's surgery was happening.
The nurse informed me that she had been shifted into a general ward for observation and was out of danger - but her guardian was missing when she was shifted out.

I felt panic rise.
This man tormented me so much!
"Anupamaa beta.. calm down-"
"I cannot calm down, Baa! How can this man be so irresponsible?!", I snapped. The overwhelm of happiness suddenly turning into raw panic.

"Anu?", I heard from behind.
My heart skipped a beat.
I froze momentarily.

"Vanraj!", Baa said as I turned, "What happened to your forehead?"
I turned to look at him.
His suit was off, he wore that white shirt. There was a small bandage on his forehead. A young boy stood beside him, probably a waiter, by his dress.
"Arrey aunty..  He kept a fast na for his wife.. so he fainted in my restaurant..", The boy replied.

I stared at Mister Shah.
He looked at me.
And for moments, it felt like time paused at a standstill. I could see the tears welling up in his eyes. They were of joy, and they were for me.
I saw devotion in his eyes.
Pure, chaste devotion. He looked like me like a devotee looked at his goddess.

And I wished and hoped, he saw the same in my eyes.
A tear slipped my eye, as I stared at him.
Too overwhelmed to speak.
He had initiated this whole dance competition idea, he had supported me when no one else did. On the board meeting, as well as today.

Who had ever known we would see one such day?
That I would be this lucky.

I did not think as I ran down to him, blindly.
I wrapped my arms around him, tightly, and I broke down. The overwhelming emotions emptying themselves on him. I felt his arms gently wrap around me.
"Anu.. you won.", He whispered with a soft smile.
I inhaled deeply, trying to stop my uncontrollable sobbing, still holding onto him.
I looked up, tears rolled down from his eyes.

It was rare to see him cry.
And even rarer to see him cry in joy.
He had, last time when Toshu was born. And it was today.
"We won..", I whispered back, with a soft smile.

And without another thought, I placed my lips on his. He immediately gave in, as if he had been yearning for it. 
Who cared if people watched?
I felt his lips against mine, drawing me deeper. The yearning just made it better. We were losing breath, but not passion. I felt his hand gently rest on my cheek, another tightly wrapped around my waist. My hands on his neck.
We were forced to part, thanks to the breathlessness.
And I pulled him back into a hug, unable to let go even for a second. Even the distance of a few hours, made living incredibly difficult.