Chapter 5

Blue Ivy

I arrived home to TV noise; it was breaking news in every channel, I switched off the TV and threw it forcibly on the couch.

“North…” I called out for her hoping she hasn’t seen the news, but the TV was on which could only mean she saw the news. I found her in our bedroom packing.

“Baby what are you doing? Stop” I tried to pull her away from the wardrobe, but she pushed me not saying anything and just throwing clothes in her suitcase on the bed.

I took out the clothes from the suitcase. “Baby please hear me out…” I begged her while she avoided looking at me and sniffling, I tried to hold her, but she pulled away like I was fire itself.

I probably should leave her alone, but I couldn’t have her thinking I did such to that girl or even capable of doing such to anyone of that matter.

“Blue move” she spoke too calm, I was blocking the door. “Not until you hear me out” she laughed “you are proving the video right with you blocking the door, forcing me to stay?” that was low, even for her.

“You know what? Here, I’ll help you pack”. I took out the rest of her clothes and threw them in her suitcase, “take your shit and get the fuck out!” you know out of everyone I thought she’d be the one to hear me out, I don’t need her to believe me because I knew I never did what I was accused off, but at least hear me out first before running off.

“Leave my place, have the rest of your shit fetched tomorrow or I’ll throw them away” I slammed the door to her face.

Fuck everyone and fuck that girl for ruining everything that I worked hard for.

I got a message from Ma

Ma- meet me in my study tomorrow morning.

-okay

Not like she’ll change her mind about me becoming CEO, might as well go over there and get disowned and be over and done with it.

The house was awfully quiet, they must have sent the staff home.

I knocked on Ma’s study before getting in, it looked like she slept in here. Everything was a mess “You’re here” she said like she didn’t send the message last night. “Should I go?” she laughed, I didn’t find anything funny.

“Did you attend those parties?” am I being interrogated by my mother? Off all the illegal shit she has done, you’d think she’d give me the benefit of the doubt.

“Yes, is this what you called me here for? Might as well call the police and have them do their job”.

She got up stood face to face with me.
“Did you sleep with that girl?” I shook my head “No, I never slept with nor touched that girl, but she did try to kiss me which I refused”.

I can’t believe I have to explain myself; my mother was not aware of my relationship with North, but it didn’t matter anymore. “Look Ma, whatever I say won’t change what you already think of me. I know the CEO position is out of option. Let me go, it's been a rough night; I’ll contact my lawyers” she didn’t say a word and I left her study.

On my way down I bumped into Onika, “excuse before you also accuse me of assault” I thought she would find it funny but instead she pulled me in for hug. “We might not see eye to eye, but you and I know both know you'd never do that” out of everyone I didn’t think it would be her to say this. “Thank you and hopefully you got your wish, your son becoming CEO”. I left before she could get a word out. That was her wish after all and my downfall will be her son's come up.