Nightmares

"You will burn little girl!" screamed Margareth White bearing down on her daughter who was curled in the corner of her kitchen, a black belt in her hand.

"No mama... P-please." pleaded Carrie her back was bruised and bleeding in places.

The girl screamed as her mother advanced again bringing the black leather down onto the girls back. She scrambled up trying to get away.

Suddenly her mother was behind her grabbing her hair and dragging towards the prayer closet under the stairs.

"No! No! Mama please! Mama!" Carrie fought but nothing worked and she was dragged forwards the closet door swinging open.

"No please mama! Anywhere but there!" she screamed.

She was flung in and she felt like things were grabbing her in the darkness. She fought against them screaming and clawing at the doors.

"Carrie!" something was yelling at her but she couldn't see anyone.

"Carrie wake up." someone was shaking her.

"Wake up!"

"Carrie!" her eyes flew open and the light just above her smashed.

Kelly Jones didn't move as the glass fell around her. She was looking at her new girl with worry. The girls had ran to get Kelly because they thought Carrie was fitting. When she'd come in she'd seen the young girl being held down by Taylor and Andrea and she was screaning. The scream was blood curdling like somone would have if they were fighting for their life. This was no fit.

"Carrie are you ok?" asked Kelly.

The girl looked sick and she was shaking badly.

"Tara go and get Matron." she said and she heard the girl run off. "Carrie can you sit up for me." she asked gently and the young girl sat up still shaking.

Out of nowhere a blanket appeared. Kelly smiled at Chelsea who seemed to have becone quite fond of the new girl during the time they'd known each other.

"Carrie honey tell us what happned?" Chelsea said gently. She placed her hand lightly on Carries leg and the girls reaction was instant.

Faster then Kelly thought possible the girl had scrambled away from them and had shrunk down in the corner of the room her hands covering her face as though protecting it.

All the girls looked at each other. They'd had girls who acted like this to a certain degree before. Andrea the head emo had acted like this when she'd first come and she nodded to Kelly confirming her suspicions.

Carrie had been abused.

And by the looks of it worse than any of the girls who had come here before. She trusted no one and Kelly suddenly had a sick feeling as to what the red stains on that cane was. Slowly she stood up and walked towards it, picking it up silently. The teachers who had just appeared watched in silence like the other girls. Kelly turned to the leaders who began discussing with each other. But it was Annabelle who spoke.

"You have sinned Carrie prepare for punishment." she had no idea why she said those words but it was like magic.

In one second Carrie had got up and ran to the closest bed, kneeling in front of it and leaning her hands on it so her back was slightly slanted. Annabelle looked to Kelly who motioned her to continue.

"Bare." she said and Carrie began to undo the buttons on her night dress and then let it drop so it setteled around her waist

A few of the younger years were sick and even some of the older girls turned green, Kelly was just shocked and horrified.

Carries back was crisscrosses with different scars, some from a cane and other more belt like in shape.There were burn marks in certain parts though most of the burns resided on her arms instead. But this wasn't the worse bits, the worst bit was that there were words carved into the girls back like 'sinner' and 'jezzabel' which were done by a knife of some sort and one of them the one that spelt 'blood' looked fresh and was still bleeding a little.

It was complete silence as the girls stared at the horror in front of them which only seemed to get worse the longer they looked. It was only when Carrie whimpered that they remembered why they'd been allowed to see it.

"I won't punish you Carrie. Put your clothes back on." Carrie instantly redressed but she didn't move from where she knelt afraid it was a trick.

Her mama had done this once and then burned her. She knew to expect a beating, she had woken them all with her screaming after all. Mama would have beat her as soon as she had woken but maybe they would make her wait or were planning something worse than a simple beating. She prayed they wouldn't use a knife to punish her like mama had. Carrie didn't think she could cope with another punishment like that without her powers going haywire.

"Carrie look at me." said Kelly placing the cane out of sight.

Carrie complied and the fear in her eyes made Kelly want to tear her mother to pieces.

"Carrie no one here is going to hurt you ok?" she said and Carrie just nodded.

Kelly could tell she didn't believe her but right now it would have to do.

"All right everyone as it's nearly home to get up anyway we can all get ready and then we'll... we'll all talk about some things." All the girls nodded and began to disperse to find their clothes.

Carrie did the same though she was shaking. She couldn't handle them all beating her, what if they took turns. She shudderd at the thought. She felt tears form in her eyes but her fear of showing weakness kept them at bay. She hadn't meant to sin again. She wanted them to like her so bad and now her sinning had messed it all up. What if they told mama? The prayer closet flashed in front of her eyes and she flinched badly. No she would beg them not to. Even if it meant being given a longer beating or facing the knife, she'd rather go through that than be locked in the closet again.

The girls were all changed and began to file out and Carrie still shaking was the last to leave the dorm her eyes straying to the forgotten cane on the floor. Slowly she picked it up, wincing as she did and then walked after the other girls.