2.

Elise arrived back  home that night exhausted as her parents were in the living room. Her father looked at her before sighing "Where were you Elizabeth?" He asked as Elise looked at him confused "At work." Elise said as her mother sighed " Sit down dear."

Elise did as instructed as she sat down on the couch, Mary peeked from her bedroom secretly. Her parents stood in front of her radiating authority. Elise looked up at them weirdly.

"Did i do something wrong?" Elise asked as her mother took the liberty to talk first "No you didn't sweetie." Her mother said calmly before her father chimed in "You're not married." He deadpanned as Elise forced a smile "That's because i don't want to." Elise said as her dad clenched his jaw "That's not right!" Her dad said as Elise sighed "Papa, I'm 24 i have my whole life to marry." Elise said as her mother sighed.

"We found someone for you." Her father announced as Mary widened her eyes from her position im the room, Elise frowning at him. "What!" Elise retorted as her father held his hand up to silence her "My friend John who lives in Beijing has offered to marry you, he desires children and has regretted not getting married earlier." Her father said as Elise widened her eyes. "John? As in John the farmer?" Elise questioned as her mother nodded "Yes,him."

"No way! He's 55 years old!" Elise screamed out as her father shook his head "This is the only way you can have your future secured!." Her father argued as Elise scoffed "Getting married to a farmer isn't securing my future!" Elise screamed out as she stood up, her and her father exchanging daggers.  "You are not Rahne, you haven't secured a spot at Tshinghua University with straight grades, you haven't made me proud not one bit, you not as pretty or radiant as Rahne. You don't possess any feminine qualities like Rahne, i did you honour as your father to find you a spouse because you will be unable to by yourself." Her father spat out as Elise clenched her jaw.

"I'm not Rahne."

"Exactly."
Her father said as Elise walked passed him, running to her room. Her mother ready to follow her before being stopped by her husband "Let her process the news." Her father ordered as her mother stood in silence.

Elise stormed into her room, slamming the door. She jumped onto her bed and cried angry tears into her pillow. Her parents can't possibly want her to marry a old slob especially since she had  her whole life ahead of her.

She was always compared to Rahne, always. She was prettier, smarter, more charming and Elise absolutely hated it. It felt as if her father wanted Rahne as his daughter more than her. It was pointless trying to please him.

Mr Okayu is a traditional man.
Who wanted two sons and not two daughters but we move.

Elise heard a knock on her door and hissed "Go away!" Elise screamed as Mary sighed "Elise it's  me Mary." Mary said softly as Elise opened the door.

"Mary.."
Elise began before Mary put her laptop in her face opened to the Princess race applications. Elise's eyes widened.

"It's our only chance Elise, you don't want to get married to John the farmer do you?" Mary said hopeful as Elise looked at suddenly motivated.

Elise closed her eyes before opening them again, a huddle of chosen applicants almost tumbled her to the ground but she stood up straight again.

"Auditionee 217 - Elizabeth Okayu"

"This has to work.." Elise whispered to herself as she turned around looking at the large hall and of excited auditionees who made it through applicants.

"Oh this feels so real! I can't wait to become a Princess!" Elise heard an auditionee say as she went over to the food table, sighing as she grabbed two cupcakes eating it simultaneously. "Mmmmm." Elise said, savouring the flavour.

"I heard that Prince Quànrui loves women with silky long hair." Another auditionee said as Elise drank down a frizzy drink, going for a meat kebab next. "I heard that Prince Quànrui wants a short cute girl." Another auditionee argued as Elise ate down the meat kebab "Oh these are so good!" Elise complimented out loud as the chatting auditionees behind her stopped talking to glare at her. Elise glared back "What?"

"Who invited her? The Prince is defintely not gonna like her." An auditionee said as her friend hit her arm softly "They did say all races are invited, she just has to pass the Mandarin test." The group walked away as Elise shrugged, going back to eating.

"Elizabeth" Elise heard someone say as she turned around, Rahne looked at her confused as Elise choked out her food. "Rahne... pleasure seeing you here." Elise said as Rahne approached her grabbing her by the shoulders "Staff are not allowed in here." Rahne said seriously as Elise furrowed her eyebrows in confusion "What? No I'm not staff." Elise said as Rahne let her go, her tall self towering over Elise "Really? You applied?" Rahne asked more confused as Elise scratched the back of her head awkwardly.

"Well yeah." Elise confirmed as Rahne chuckled "You don't care about these type of shows." Rahne said as Elise sighed "Dad's trying to marry me off to John the farmer." Elise said as Rahne's eyes widened "Isn't he like 55 years old?" Rahne questioned as Elise clapped "Yes he is!" Elise said exasperated as Rahne smirked "He is perfect for you." Rahne said as Elise's smile dropped.

"You seriously think that the King is going to go for someone like you? Why don't you do everyone a favour and marry the farmer, less stress to worry about." Rahne said as she bumped into Elise walking away. Elise scoffed as she grabbed another frizzy drink from a passing waiter downing it with urgency.

Soon trumpets were heard from outside the room as the auditionees turned their heads in anticipation. Rahne fixing herself up as Elise wiped some meat kebab sauce from the side of her mouth.

"Introducing the Prince of the Kingdom of China, Prince Quànrui!" The intercom in the room rang out as the doors were opened. The auditionees stood in two straight lines as the royal security first came in following by the Prince. His blond hair blinding as Elise got a look from him. His facial structure was sophisticated and perfectly complimented his facial features, he wore a black and silver royal robe following by a Golden train attached to the coat. The auditionees screamed in excitement as the Prince looked ahead, Elise looked at him bored before seeing Rahne across from her, admiring him.

Seeing him in real life compared to the cut out was no different.

Elise was in for a long ride