17.

Matthew kept his eyes alert as he paced through the empty parking lot of a mall far away from the set of The Princess Race, a black van in the far end opened up and Matthew grinned.

"Did you get some info?" A mysterious person in the van asked as Matthew rummaged through his pants taking out a USD.

"I managed to record the head producer talking to Roh Youngmin, his daughter's in the show. I believe he is involved behind the scenes but i need to collect more information." Matthew said as the person in the van took the USD.

"Keep your eyes and ears open Agent Seok, we need the mission to be a success."

Elise's eyes fluttered open as she was met with the white ceiling in her room mixed with the hues of the morning sun, stretching her arms Elise sat up.

Her mind flashed images of her date with Quànrui and she immediately started smiling, as she giggled excitedly Elise slapped herself roughly growing quiet again.

"Calm down Elise." She reprimanded to herself before taking a deep breath. "We have a elimination to focus on today."

Elise showered and got ready and zipped up her tracksuit before leaving her room, running down stairs to find the remaining contestants in the living room talking amongst themselves.

"Elizabeth!" Chun greeted as the girls smapped their heads to Elise before running up to her, Elise hugged herself as the girld invaded her space.

"How was your date with the Prince?" A contestant asked excitedly as Elise was about to answer before being bombarded by another question from another contestant "What did you eat?" The other contestant asked, Elise opened her mouth again before being cut off.

"Did you two kiss?!" A contestant asked as the girls screamed at the possibility, Elise found herself getting flustered. "No! We didn't kiss! It was just a normal date!" Elise screamed out, her arms in the air as the contestants swarmed around her.

The intercom shrieked at the moment causing everyone to pause and look at the intercom.

"Contestants get ready to meet the Prince in aquatic centre on the other side of the resort for your elimination challenge, please get changed in the swimsuits assigned to you." The intercom announced, Elise widened her eyes.

"Swimming? But i don't know how to swim!" Elise said as the girls separated to go to their rooms, Rahne approaching her with her arms crossed.

"Are pigs going to be your bridemaids at your wedding? I know farmer John has a great selective." Rahne innocently insulted as Elise's jaw dropped. Rahne left before she could answer leaving Elise dumbfounded.

She's gonna have to do whatever it takes to win.

Elise wore her swimsuit she found at the door over her room underneath the usual tracksuit contestants had to wear. The intercom shrieked causing Elise's heart to drop.

"Contestants please meet the Prince at the aquatic center." The intercom announced causing Elise to bite her bottom lip in worry.

The remaining contestants were thrusted into the large aquatic centre and Elise peeked through the contestants to see the large swimming pool in front of her. Her eyes widened.

It was as deep as an olympic swimming pool and being short and unable to swim , Elise was already at a disadvantage. A loud trumpet was loud that made Elise's heart pound out of her chest.

"Introducting the Crown Prince of China Prince Quànrui." The intercom announced, PRINCE Quànrui walked inside the center along with Zhanghao, Jiwoong, Gunwook and 5 other security guards. Quànrui searched for Elise within the contestants before gathering his composure. The contestants looked at him before bowing.

"Contestants welcome to your second elimination." Prince Quànrui announced putting his hands in his white and gold Louis Vuttion tracksuit. "This challenge is called pirate ship." He said smirking before the intercom shrieked.

"Contestants, today's elimination is called pirate ship. In the pool, contestants must swim and grab the ten flags above them on time before the timer goes off, you have 15 minutes. " The intercom announced , Rahne stretched her arms.

She was the captain of her swimming team in high school.

Elise remembers being forced to attend all of her swimming galas as a high school freshman, so she obviously had a advantage. Dlapping her face softly with her hands, Elise had her face scrunched up in concentration.

The contestants got by the starting line and took off their tracksuit to reveal their swimsuits. Quànrui sat on a podium above them with Zhanghao looking at the ongoing scene from a monitor.

"Isn't Jeongeui also a great swimmer?" Zhang Hao said looking at Quànrui who shrugged before leaning back in his seat. "Anyone out of the contestants could be better than her." Quànrui said honestly, Zhanghao looked away uncomfortably.

Jeongeui removed her tracksuit before stretching her arms, Elise almost tripped and fell on her face removing her tracksuit pants but unfortunately she didn't.

"Welcome back viewers at home to The Princesss race!" Hanbin and Sang Zhi said at the same time, the two were standing in a room decorated with finding memo merch. "The race is left with 12 contestants and the competition is piling up." Sang Zhi said, Hanbin nodded. "Precisely your majesty and today's elimination is quite a pickle, it requires the contestants to be their fastest if they want to stay in the competition, let's see who will rise up to the challenge." Hanbin said looking directly at the camera.

"Oh no..." Mary groaned out face palming herself "Elise doesn't know how to swim!" Mary screamed out before looking at the TV anxious.

Elise attempted to crack her neck muscles but ended up holding her neck in pain before she scrambled to the starting line like the rest of the contestants.

"Contestants get ready." The intercom announced, Elise got into starting position. She was next to Chun and another contestant. 

"3,2,1" The horn went off as Rahne dived in fast her hands and feet flapping in harmony as she swam to the first flag, Jeongeui wasn't too far followed by another contestant. Elise got in awkwardly as her feet kept slipping off from the ground but she still resorted to walking with large steps to the flags.

Quànrui sat up straight looking at the monitor concerned as ZhangHao's jaw dropped.

"Contestant Elise is not swimming but is instead walking to the flags." Sang Zhi said surprised as Hanbin mirrored her expression.

Elise closed her eyes waiting for the intercom to announce her elimination but it never came instead...

"Contestant Jing has been eliminated." Turning her head to the entrance , Elise saw Jing crying loudly while holding her body which still had her tracksuit on. The security guards dragged her away just when Elise turned her head back to the race.

Pushing the water out of her body, Elise hopped to the flag and she smiled when she was remotely close but her eyes widened when Rahne appeared out of nowhere ripping the flag from the rope with no mercy.

"Rahne has achieved the first flag." Hanbin confirmed to the viewers.

"Oh no!" Mary complained out loud as she stood up looking at her TV anxiously.

Elise tried to compose herself after that splash attack by Rahne but before she could react, her middle was nudged by a mysterious shoulder and Elise lost her balance, her feet finally slipping off the slippery ground before her ears were tuned out by the water of the pool.