Chapter Eight

Kelly's stomach twisted with anticipation as she waited for Juice to arrive. The clock seemed to tick louder with each passing minute, bringing her date ever closer.

"Juice is going to fall head over heels for you if he hasn't already," Aaliyah reassured her friend, offering a supportive smile.

"I know, I just really like him," Kelly admitted, her voice tinged with nervous excitement. Just then, her phone pinged with a message from Juice himself, letting her know he was outside. Because he wasn't a student at the university, he couldn't come up to her dorm.

Taking a deep breath, Kelly grabbed her purse, which held all her essentials and her phone. With one last look in the mirror, she made her way to the door, Aaliyah by her side. The two friends exited the dorm, chatting animatedly to ease Kelly's nerves. As they walked towards the parking lot, Kelly's eyes immediately found Juice, who was leaning casually against a sleek black Honda. The sight of him made her heart race.

Juice's eyes lit up as soon as he saw her, his expression brightening with admiration as he took in her blue pixie cut, dark blue crop top, tight black leather pants, and open-toe heels. He straightened up and waved, clearly impressed by her transformation.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Aaliyah said, giving Kelly a quick hug before waving to Juice on her way to her car. "Have fun, you two!" she called out cheerfully.

Kelly took a deep breath and walked towards Juice, feeling her confidence grow with each step. Juice met her halfway, his smile widening as he looked her over.

"Wow, you look amazing," he said, his eyes sparkling with genuine appreciation.

"Thanks," Kelly replied, blushing slightly. "You look great too."

Juice opened the car door for her, a gesture that made her smile even wider. "Ready for a fun night?" he asked as she slid into the passenger seat.

"Absolutely," Kelly said, her nerves beginning to settle. As Juice closed the door and walked around to the driver's side, Kelly took a moment to steady herself. The evening was just beginning, and she felt a mix of excitement and anticipation for what was to come.

As Juice started the car and they drove off, Kelly glanced over at him, her heart full of hope. "So, where are we headed?" she asked, curiosity piqued.

"It's a surprise," Juice replied with a playful grin. "I thought it would be fun to keep you guessing."

Kelly laughed, the sound easing the last of her nerves. "I like surprises," she said, settling back into her seat. "Just as long as it's not a haunted house or something," she added with a wink.

Juice chuckled. "Don't worry, it's nothing scary. Just somewhere I think you'll really enjoy."

As they drove through the city, the conversation flowed easily between them. They talked about their favorite music, shared funny stories from their childhoods, and discovered common interests. Juice's easygoing nature and sense of humor made Kelly feel comfortable and at ease, and she found herself relaxing more with each passing moment.