Chapter Ten

"Hey Michelle!" Aaliyah called out to the young woman as she and Kelly made their way over to her

"Hey Michelle!" Aaliyah called out to the young woman as she and Kelly made their way over to her. Dance practice had ended earlier than usual, and the two girls thought it would be the perfect opportunity to discuss an idea with their team captain. They were both excited and slightly nervous about the proposition.

"Our boss is hosting a fundraiser for the kids, and she asked if a few members of the dance team could set up a booth and teach some dance classes," Aaliyah explained, her voice filled with enthusiasm.

Kelly nodded in agreement, adding, "We think it could be a great way to get involved and give back to the community. Plus, it would be a lot of fun!"

Michelle's face lit up with a warm smile. "That's a wonderful idea," she said, clearly impressed by their initiative. "I'd be happy to support it. I'll talk to some of the team members and see who's interested in participating. Just let me know when you have a date and any other details, and we can start planning."

Aaliyah and Kelly exchanged relieved glances, their excitement growing. "Thank you so much, Michelle!" Aaliyah said. "We'll get the details from our boss and get back to you as soon as possible."

Michelle nodded. "Sounds like a plan. I'm sure the team will be excited to help out. Let's make this fundraiser a memorable one for everyone involved."

"Aaliyah!" A voice called out from behind her, catching her attention. She turned around to see Derek approaching, a familiar figure known for his creative touch. Derek was the one who made all the remixes for the team, and in his free time, he crafted original beats that everyone admired.

"Hey, Derek!" Aaliyah greeted him warmly, her smile broadening as he stopped in front of her. She could see the enthusiasm in his eyes, a reflection of his passion for music and creativity. "What's up?" she asked, genuinely curious about what brought him over.

"I was wondering if I could borrow your notes for English?" Derek asked, running a hand through his fluffy blonde hair, a nervous habit that Aaliyah had grown accustomed to since she's gotten to know him.

"Sure!" Aaliyah replied with a warm smile, heading towards her bag that was lying on the ground next to her. She knelt down, unzipping it carefully to retrieve her notebook. "Let me just find them for you," she added, rummaging through her neatly organized papers.

As she handed the notebook to Derek, she glanced up at him. "You know, you really should try to keep up with the notes yourself," she teased lightly. "What happened this time? Lost track of time making another masterpiece?"

Derek chuckled, his cheeks flushing slightly. "Guilty as charged. I was working on a new mix and got completely absorbed in it. Before I knew it, it was way past midnight, and I hadn't even started my homework."

Aaliyah shook her head with a good-natured sigh. "You and your music. But that's what makes you so good at it. Just make sure you balance it out with your schoolwork, too."