Chapter Eleven

Aaliyah stood beside Donna, a lollipop in hand, as she watched a shirtless Opie and Jax wrestle an old playpen out of the shed

Aaliyah stood beside Donna, a lollipop in hand, as she watched a shirtless Opie and Jax wrestle an old playpen out of the shed. She couldn't help but ogle Jax's chiseled body, his muscles bulging with every movement, making her clench her thighs involuntarily.

"How did you get this in here?" Opie grunted, straining with the weight.

"By myself," Donna snorted, placing her hands on her hips.

"Donna here is freakishly strong," Aaliyah teased, earning a playful punch in the arm from Donna.

"Ow, child abuse," Aaliyah laughed, rubbing the sore spot.

"You're twenty-one," Donna retorted with an exaggerated roll of her eyes.

"Sorry, sorry," Jax said, finally pulling the playpen free with a rough tug. "Looks great. How much?"

"Aw, forget it," Opie said with a dismissive wave of his hand as he walked away. "It's a gift."

Jax ignored him, taking a couple of bills out of his pocket and heading towards Donna.

"No, Jax," Donna said firmly. "I don't want it."

"Hey," Jax replied, placing the bills in her hand. "I'm the one getting the deal."

Donna didn't respond. I just looked down at the money.

"All right, see you at the fundraiser," Jax said.

"The Taste of Charming thing?" Donna asked.

"Yeah," Opie chimed in. "I'm doing the fireworks."

"Oh really?" Donna asked, still skeptical.

"It's not a club thing, Donna," Opie reassured her.

"Yeah," Jax nodded as he hoisted the playpen in his arms. "My mom started it years ago. It raises money for the school district."

"We'll be there," Aaliyah said before turning towards Donna. "Besides, the dance team and I are setting up a booth to sign kids up for free dance lessons. I know my niece wants to take after her auntie."

"Alright," Jax said, giving a nod of appreciation before he turned to leave with the playpen in his arms.

Aaliyah followed after him. "It's great what your mom started," she remarked. "Community events like this are so important."

"Yeah, they really are," Jax agreed. "Thanks for getting involved. Every bit of help makes a difference."

"Absolutely," Aaliyah responded. "Plus, it's a great way for the dance team to connect with the community."

"Definitely," Jax said, as he put the play pen in the truck of his car. "Maybe you can dance for me."

Aaliyah blushed at Jax's words, her cheeks warming as she realized what he meant when he said he wanted her to dance for him.