HH 24

Finale

Silver and Crimson returned a few weeks later, prepared to face the repercussions of their deeds after learning of what had transpired. Their time together was short as Crimson got obliged to marry the lone surviving Hue, but it was the most wonderful feeling Silver and Crimson had ever experienced—love and freedom.

Eventually, unable to bear the guilt of abandoning Caleb on their wedding day, Crimson took his own life.

For Austin, being able to call Crimson his husband in a short while is more than enough.

And for Han, hues flooded his heart, even though he had been blind for some time. Still full of vivid recollections of Caleb, Han wished he could live a longer life.

Sadly, he was later assassinated by an unidentified family after regaining the assets and money of the deceased Red family. His passing and Caleb's marked a sea change in their league's history. Ultimately, the number of murders decreased, and choosing someone you love has been free for all. It was something that Caleb and Han had hoped for, but it was taken from them.

Silver has been alone for a long time, ever since they chose to return to their pitiful town. But he never forgets the people who made him experience living. A few years after Han and Cal had at last been permitted to love freely in paradise, Silver was cleaning their tomb.

Closing the book he was holding and starting to stroke the child's head that was resting on his arm, Silver concluded the tale of his close friends by stating, "Somewhere in another universe, Han and Cal have the ending they both deserved."

The young child questioned Silver, "Is it okay to love, Papa?"

"A friend once said, To love is not a sin. You have to remember that, Rust."

Fin.

^••^ Author's notes:

I'd want to thank everyone for making it this far! Let's all bid goodbye to our best boys—Han and Caleb. They will always have a special place in my heart.

To all panganays out there, know that there's someone who's ready to listen. You are seen, heard, and loved. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Kapit lang, kaps!

Today, as I celebrate a personal career milestone, I have decided to close this story. I want to share my happiness with all of you by releasing the last chapters and giving you all something to look forward to.

Ready for Book II?

You can now access A Shade of Blue: A PABKEN/SEKEN AU

Ready for Book II? You can now access A Shade of Blue: A PABKEN/SEKEN AU