| chapter o.9 |

❟❛❟ CHAPTER NINE ❟❛❟

"Like what we talked about yesterday, let's formally talk about the internships," Aizawa began when everyone was seated. "Let us hear directly from those who have personal experience. How do these internships differ from field training."

"They have made time in their busy schedules to come and talk to you all. So please listen to what they have to say. These three third-years rank among the top of all U.A. students. They're known as... the big three."

Akame blinked her eyes repeatedly. She recognized the one with purple hair among the three third-year students who arrived. He looks like Izuna, she thought. That hair, she could recognize that hair everywhere. His signature hairstyle is really familiar. Right. Doesn't Sasuke also have the same hairstyle?

They introduced themselves individually. The person who resembles Izuna is Amajiki Tamaki. And he doesn't have Izuna's attitude or personality. The teen was extremely shy; he didn't even dare to look at them eye to eye. Then continued by the only girl in the group, Hadou Nejire. Akame thought she'd be the spokesperson, but she didn't even explain why they were there, instead focusing on satisfying her curiosity with question after question. And finally, who acts like a hero in general, Togata Mirio. Even though he's a little cringe.

"I'm seeing a lot of faces that seem to say who cares?," The blonde-haired teen, Togata Mirio, said during the awkwardness in class earlier. "You've got us three third-years showing up out of nowhere here to talk about work studies that you don't even have to do. Doesn't make sense, right?"

"And since our talk here isn't going well... how about you all take me on?!"

Todoroki stepped out of the locker room, intending to follow the others to Gym Gamma when he noticed Akame exiting the girl's locker room with her hair down. His mouth was open, ready to strike up a conversation, but they had been strangers all along. It felt as if there was a barrier between them.

Todoroki reluctantly decided not to try. It would be best if he let her be. But he noticed something...

ᴳʳⁱᵖ!

Subconsciously, Todoroki grabbed her wrist. "Todoroki?"

"Your hand," he murmured, his voice barely audible. "What's wrong with your hand?"

Akame's eyes widened, and she tried to pull away, but Todoroki held on gently. He softened his grip and gently lifted her hand to meet his gaze. Todoroki's concern deepened as he examined Akame's hand. At first glance, he noticed that every fingertip on her hand had cuts adoring it looking like red string marks. The tips of her nails were filed down, leaving dried blood behind.