𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 4

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"why can't you just eat like a normal person?"

"i don't really feel like it."

[name] is the type of person you'd always worry about. not because she's dangerous to others, quite the opposite actually.

she's just the type that... doesn't seem like she values her life at all.

i always scold her, which may be a little silly considering she's older than me as an elf but.. i just can't help it. i don't want her to neglect herself like she doesn't matter.

she's really dedicated to her passion, which is alchemy and potion making in general. so dedicated to the point that she never does anything else.

even as we graduate from school and join a party of our own, she didn't really change.

"laios, do we have extra food left?"

"huh? yeah, we still have some bread and beef in chilchuck's bag."

"i'm gonna take some. [name] still hasn't eaten anything."

the longest she went without eating was five days, and throughout those days the only thing she did was gather materials from the dungeon and make potions for us.

[name], why do you treat yourself like this?

"marcille, thank you for taking care of me."

i know. i know you're grateful... but i'd rather you take care of yourself than thank me. i'm not expecting anything in return anyways.

if not for yourself, then please do it for me, [name].

"the entrance to the secret path should be around here."

"i don't see it."

looking around the area that they had just climbed down to, the touden party searches for the said entrance through the walls while looking out for any possible danger around them.

for some unknown reason, it felt as if there's something... off, in this area. they're only three floors down, and yet chilchuck felt off. like there's something that's not supposed to be there.

he's not one to ignore his instincts, especially when his senses are telling him that there's something wrong.

nevertheless, they need to continue forward. whatever danger it is, they'll just have to face it.

'but i can't ignore this... it's giving me shivers.'

the half-foot thought to himself as once again, he felt as if he heard something he wasn't supposed to hear.

"laios, can i borrow your sword?"

"oh, sure."

chilchuck takes the sword from laios before hitting it against one specific spot, cupping his ear as he listens to the echoes bouncing through the walls.

"it's here."

feeling around the wall in front of him, chilchuck finally found the loose brick and pushed it in, and the ground they stood on began to shake as the walls opened.