👑|Hunting again|

Chapter 27

Dating Avni is one of the best feelings in this world

Dating Avni is one of the best feelings in this world. Getting to call her my girlfriend is even better.

"Okay so, all the best people." Daksh says, smiling like an idiot.

It's the hunting today. The sport that made us enemies in the first place.

"Yeah." Vedant smiles like a crazy snake. His eyes tracking Gina, his so called girl, walking to the pitch.

She usually announces the starting of the games.

"Do you all remember eho you have to take down and how?" I ask.

Vedant says, "Ravi."

Janish shrugs, "Sidhant."

Daksh smiles, "Shravan."

He begged me. Begged me to let him chase Shravan. Must be a kink of his or something.

I finish with, "Vijay." I'm killing him today. Then I'll not have to watch him marry my cousin.

"Be civil with Vijay."

I sigh as I remember Avni's words.

☆☆☆

"And with that," Gina's voice rigs through the stadium, "We begin the new season of the hunting."

We go into the forest.

We all know it by heart.

Janish climbs up a tree, to spot and unarm his target I suppose.

Daksh disappears into the forest.

I focus onto what I have to do- fuck Vijay up. Last year, he defeated me. This year he'll get the payback.

I walk into the dark forest, sunlight filters through the canopy of the trees. The patterns it casts on the ground look like murderous figures.

I have a knife- too small to be called a sword and too big to be called a dagger.

I hear rustling behind me, and I turn.

Just in time.

Vijay's running at me with his sword. I swerve his attack, making him stumble a little when he misses.

"You've got nice ears. I didn't think you'd be able to hear me appraoch." Vijay comments, throwing his sword in the air and catching it.

"I have knack for detecting cocktoaches." I reply.

He smirks, "That's what you think?" He asks, and runs at me.

I bring out my knife, and stop his sword from lodging into my skin.

Vijay's black hair falls over his forehead, as he uses strength to push the sword. I retaliate with yhe same effort.

We stand in middle of the forest, my knife and his sword still in one place, connected together.

If any of our teammates would come to help, the fight would become bloody. But we are too prideful to let anyone help.

His sword overpowers mine, because I was too busy thinking, and it cuts me below the eye.

I can feel the blood and the sting of pain that accompanies the cut. Vijay smiles in a mocking way.

I run to him with knife, our weapons clash a few times, creating metallic sounds in the otherwise silent jungle.

We spar quickly, and soon we are both disarmed.

I hear a gong saying Janish and Sidhant both have gone down.

"Your sniper is gone. Pity." I comment.

Vijay tries to punch me.

I dodge, and punch him in the face. His nose is covered in blood after that.

We fight, rolling on the ground, punching, kicking, trying to gain thr upper hand.

I want to take out all of my frustration on him. And I do.

I punch him till I can't make out his face in the blood.

He does the same.

We hear the gong say Ravi and Vedant also went down.

I realise only Daksh is left from my end, and Shravan from Vijay's end.

And god knows what both of them are doing- I can tell they aren't fighting.

Vijay and I continue fighting, till we hear that our other teammates called off themselves.

Fucking hell.

Both of us, get onto each other, Vijay plunges the sword through my forearm and my knife goes through his bicep.

We're both bleeding, and bloody.

And before I know I feel very weak, and dizzy. And I want to collapse on the ground. The only thing holding me up is if I go down he wins.

I carry my unsteady feet, and throw my knife at him, before my world goes dark.

Did my knife take Vijay down or did I loose again?

☆☆☆