🌸| Safe|

Chapter 37

When death's staring you in the face, what are you supposed to do?

Accept it with open arms?

Hell no.

I'll kick death in the balls and tell it to come back later, when it's actually time for me to leave.

So I do just that.

While Ruhi Sehgal was busy telling us how she created this plan, I made the ropes binding me loose enough.

I see Vijay drop his weapon immediately after Ruhi told everyone too.

He makes his dad drop the gun too, and Manav's dad does the same.

Ruhi presses the gun into my forehead. Her hand is on the trigger, "I wanted to live happily with you, Viraj!" She screams at Manav's dad.

"By doing this? Are you not seeing what you have done, Ruhi?"

Manav looks at my hands and then my eyes, saying something.

"No..no.. I wanted you to myself.." she shispers.

"You had me Ruhi. You had me and Manav, and we were not leaving you. You had to fake your death, frame my bestfriend for it, and-"

Manav gives me a sharp nod 'now.'

I remove my hands from the ropes, and swat the gun away, pushing the chair into Ruhi, and run to Manav.

He embraces me, hiding me behind him, as we stare at a cornered Ruhi with a gun in her hand.

She points the gun at me, and I am behind Manav.

BANG.

It isn't me or Manav who's shot though.

It's Ruhi herself.

And Manav's dad holds the gun.

He shot his wife. Ex-wife.

Isn't that what Manav was tormented by his whole life? The fact he thought his father killed his mother?

It's true now.

He did.

"Ruhi, I don't know from where you became this person," Manav's dad says to the body on the ground. She's bleeding to death, but not dead yet, "I don't know why you thought I wasn't there for you. I loved you more than any fucking thing in the world. You had to ruin all of it. You're not the Ruhi I know, and I'll pretend thid version of you never came in front of my eyes, because then I'll hate you for the rest of my life."

We hear the speech, and I mold myself into Manav, who holds me close as if I'll disappear into thin air.

I hold him too, unsure how he handled this situation.

"Are you alright?" He asks me.

"Yes. You?"

"I don't know." He replies.

☆☆☆