LIII. to cut all ties

pakhi :

"No! I said it! We are naming the channel AnuRaj Diaries!", I said stubbornly.
Aadhya looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"It is so boring ya! Make it "Anu & Raj"! That sounds cooler.", She said.
"My mummy papa! I get to decide!", I snapped.
"My mummy and Vannu uncle! I also get to decide!", She snapped back.

"Uff both of you just make chits and decide.", Adhik said amused as he walked in with Ishani.
"What are you deciding?", Ishani asked slowly as she rushed down to me.

She was just back from school.
I sighed.

"We are making a vlog channel for Nanu and Nani. So we are trying to decide a name.", I said as I pulled her closer, opening her bag.
"Vlog channel? And what makes y'all think Mummy and Papa will do vlogging?", Adhik asked, amused.

"We are making videos for them. They'll just exist.", Aadhya said.

"Wow! That's so exciting!", Ishu said happily.
"Sooo exciting!", I said returning her energy as I opened her tied up hair.

"Not exciting! We need to decide the name!", Aadhya said irritably.
"Uff Aadhya! I said na.. AnuRaj diaries! Bas!", I snapped.

She made a face, drawing in a sharp breath and crossing her hands before her in annoyance.

Her phone buzzed.
She looked down at the caller ID, and then pressed the side button, silencing the ring.
"A boyfriend?"
"Dad.", She said irritably.
I raised a brow. She had been behaving strangely lately. Nandini had noticed it too.
But we said nothing, knowing about her volatile nature.

"Anyways, I will start with vlogging the preps. I have completed all my assignments for this as well!", She said snapping out of her thoughts. She picked up the DSLR and hopped off the bed.
"And the channel will be called Anu & Raj!", She said sticking her tongue out before rushing out.

"She's a little crazy, isn't she?", Adhik asked amused.
"Fui is crazy?", Ishani asked, curiously.
"Naah. She is not crazy, she is avoiding a problem.", I said thoughtfully.
"What problem does she have, Mumma?", Ishu asked.
I tore my gaze off the door and looked down at her.
"We will find out.", I said with a beaming smile.

"Pakhi-"
"You don't need to remind me. I know today is my day of helping Ishu with homework.", I said immediately.
Adhik looked at me, rather impressed.
"Honestly, you are a little crazy too you know. I remember you being so irresponsible a few months back and look at you now. All wifey and motherly all of a sudden.", He said grinning as he walked down to us.

I drew in a deep breath, with a smile.
"Because I also like to avoid my issues until they become too big. When they become too big, I run.", I said honestly.
"Good thing you have a sensible person like me.", Adhik said dusting his collar as he sat on the bed.
"Nice joke.", I said grinning at him, "Haina Ishu?"
"Nice joke Papa!", She chirped after me, giggling.

"Haww! Team badal li? Woh bhi itni jaldi!", Adhik said picking her up and putting her on his lap.
I beamed at them.
Yeah, maybe, running away wasn't always the best option.

.

sumedh :

The arrangements were all set.
I noticed Aadhya vlogging around the hall, capturing every decoration and talking about how this was going to be the wedding of the century.
Honestly, I wished it was.

"I have checked on the guest list.", I heard Dimple.
"Yeah, I hope it's fine.", I said, drawing in a deep breath.
"Fine? I mean you literally called every single business tycoon in sight and surprise surprise Indian actors and celebrities? Please tell me you are not calling the PM for the wedding next-"
"Wait. I am.", I said immediately, "I sent him an invite for the engagement as well. Along with the rest of the cabinet. He apologised for not being here today, but he will definitely join the wedding. This is the re-marriage of two really elite people, if you don't realise yet."