A First Date

"We should probably stop. My hand is sore."

"Right. Uh...there's some clothes in the drawers. Pick anything you like."

"Thanks."

I can't believe I kissed Carson, my best friend. I had to stop myself from getting carried away. I'm sure if I didn't stop the kiss, it would lead to something more than a kiss. I ignored my thoughts and picked a black shirt and shorts. Soon Carson came out. He changed into his night clothes. Turns out, Carson sleeps shirtless. I didn't know that. I had to stop myself from thinking dirty thoughts.

"How's your hand?"

"Feels a little better than before."

We got into the bed and just stared at each other. I never knew Carson had beautiful eyes. His eyes were brown with a little hint of green. If anything, I'd called his eyes Hazel.

"You're cute." Carson said.

I blushed. Nobody has ever called me cute. Sure, boys said I looked beautiful and called me pretty, but they never meant it. Carson, on the other hand, was genuine.

"I think you're cute, too."

Carson took my hand, and he just held it. I kissed him on his lips again.

"Promise me we'll stay friends." Silver said.

"I promise."

"Forever?"

"Forever."

We fell asleep and that was it. I was starting to have feelings for Carson. But we have to stay friends. Friends dating friends never work out. I'll sacrifice my happiness for Carson's, and I'll do it in a heartbeat. The next morning I got to school early. I was standing at my locker with my friend from my science class.

"So, how was last night?"

"What?"

"The show. You said you and Carson were going to a show. How was the show?"

"Oh, uh...it was surely a night to remember."

"Nice. Hey, what happened to your hand?"

"Uh...I punched a punching bag last night and I hit it too hard."

"Oh, well, keep your eye on it. Don't want it to get worse than now."

"You got it, Brooke."

I turned my head the other way. I didn't want Brooke to know about my fight. I looked up and saw Carson walking in the halls. We locked eyes for a second and I looked away. I looked up again and saw him still staring at me. I know I said we have to stay friends but I just smiled. God, I must look stupid.

"I can sense something happened between you 2. Spill."

"Ok, so last night...Carson and I...kissed.

"What!?"

"Say it a bit louder, I don't think the school heard you."

"Aren't you 2 friends?"

"Yeah, we promised to stay friends."

"Friends or friends with benefits?"

"Friends! We kissed once."

"Does Carson know about you both staying friends?"

"I may have only mentioned us being friends forever, not pointing out about us dating or anything."

"Oh, Silver."

"Hey, Silver?" Carson asked.

"Yeah."

"Would you like to go out sometime?"

I was so shocked I almost fell.

"Good reaction." Brooke said.

"Uh..."

I looked at Brooke. I saw her mouth the words say yes, don't leave him hanging.

"Ok."

After school I went to the library and logged on to my blog.

Hey, Silver Fans. So I just got asked out. By someone I never thought I would go out with. Sure, I kissed him. But we only kissed once. Maybe this could be the start of Friends with Benefits. I guess I'll wait and see. I just hope my friendship with him won't be damaged because of this. Silver Eyes, out.