Threat

I woke up tired. I didn't get much sleep last night. I got dressed, although it did take me a while, considering I fell asleep in the shower. I went downstairs and saw Uncle Andrew in the kitchen.

"I'm assuming you're here to drive me to school."

"I'm assuming you didn't get much sleep. You look like shit."

"Thanks, Uncle Andrew. I'm really feeling the love."

"Silver, sit down."

I sat down and watched him take a sip of his coffee.

"Is everything alright?" Silver asked.

"You tell me. Did you tell your parents about your blog?"

"No, not yet."

"And why not?"

"They won't understand."

"Bullshit. Why didn't you tell them?"

"Because I feel like I owe them that much. Mom was neglected her whole life and her dad...wasn't her dad. Dad had a father who cheated on his wife. His mother took her own life because of it. I want to make my parents proud."

"They will be. Because they got you as a daughter. You shouldn't have to be what your parents want. You be what you want. Don't let others control your life, because it makes them feel better about themselves."

Because it makes them feel better about themselves.

"Thanks, Uncle Andrew."

"No worries. Now, let's go. I think you're late."

"Big time."

I got to school and saw Blaze by his locker.

"Hey, tell Dragon I'm not having dinner with him."

"You know what would happen if you don't go."

"Yeah, here's the thing. Dragon wants to have control over me and my life, and the reason why is because it makes him feel better about himself knowing he has power over me."

"Just to let you know, you just pissed off the dragon."

Blaze walked away. Was that really a good idea? Dragon was a dangerous man and he could hurt me if he wanted to. I guess I should prepare something in case Dragon makes his move.

"Well, I've hit rock bottom."

It's been months since Blaze told me about Dragon and his intentions, but frankly, I don't give a damn. Rocky hasn't talked to his mom in months. I told my parents I want to do creative writing as a career. Uncle Andrew was right, they were happy to have me as a daughter who makes them proud. Carson and I...we've been keeping our buddy romance on the DL, meaning we've been keeping it low-key. Rocky came home for dinner when we got a shocking phone call.

"Hello? Yes, this is he. Ok. No, thank you for calling." Rocky said.

"Who was that?" Melody asked.

"Some lawyer. My mother's dead."

We all looked at each other then at him.

"What?" Rocky asked.