New Memories

Dates. We all get nervous. I've never been on a date before. What should I expect? What do I wear? How should I act? Maybe I should cancel. Sometimes I wonder...what my life would be if...if I was never pretty. I got looks and brains, but most people just see looks. What if that's all he sees me as? A girl with a pretty face and a nice ass, not focusing on the fact that I'm smart. Maybe I'm too full of myself. I should just go on this date and hope for the best. I mean, it's the best I can do. Silver Eyes, out.

I finished my last words for my blog and logged out. I closed my laptop and started getting ready. Mom offered me to wear the dress she wore on the first time she went out with Dad. It looked nice so I thought, why not give it a go. She did everything. My hair, shoes and make-up. She only put on blush, mascara and lip-gloss, but I still managed to look good.

"Alright, Carson will be here any minute now so get ready." Melody said.

"How do you feel?" Kyle asked.

"Nervous. Is it normal to get butterflies on your first date?"

"Silver, everybody gets nervous on their first date. I know when I asked your mother on a date, I was a nervous wreck."

"Well, technically you didn't ask me out. You just helped me with my Birthday Bucket List."

"Birthday what list?"

"When I was a little girl, I made a list of all the things I wanted to do on my birthday. By age 25, I've done everything on that list. I had a family."

"Your mother was happy that she got her list done."

"Didn't you want more?" Silver asked.

"No, because I've got everything I've ever wanted, and more. I wanted to give my father his first grandchild."

Soon we heard a knock on the door.

"That's Carson." Melody said.

My parents walked me down the stairs and I saw my uncles looking at him with their stern looks.

"Can you fight?" Andrew asked.

"No."

"Do you do drugs?" Austin asked.

"No."

"Are you a criminal?" Andy asked.

"No."

"Are you a virgin?" Dennis asked.

"No! I mean, yes! Can we stop with the questions?"

"Guys, stop torturing the poor guy." Melody said.

"Bye, Mom. Bye, Dad."

"Have a good night, Silver." Kyle said.

"Have fun, sweetheart." Dennis said.

Carson and I left. I was feeling anxious and nervous. This will be a night filled with new moments, new memories, and a new life. Maybe I should give Carson a chance to be more than my friend. He's been there for me since we were 5. He made me laugh. He stuck up for me when I had a problem. He wiped my tears in a way no one else can. He's my friend, and I wouldn't trade him or our friendship for anything.