Warning

"So, what does this woman look like?" Rocky asked.

"There she is."

"Silver!"

Rocky and I sat down. All I could hear was the silence. It was so silent you could hear a pin drop.

"So...this is Shirley. Your mother."

"I figured."

"It's really nice to meet you, Daniel."

"My name is Rocky. And I'm only here because I heard you were dying. So, what's the problem?"

"Oh, it's my heart. Rocky, giving you up was the hardest thing ever."

"Just tell him what you told me." Silver said.

"After I turned twenty your father died in a motorcycle accident. I worked as a cleaning lady for many houses and would sometimes need to bring you. I would get fired because of it. I thought you would have a better life if you were in foster care. After a few years I've made enough money to provide for myself."

"Why didn't you come back for me?"

"I lived in Tahoe for a few years, and I met this guy. I moved in with him, and he told me he didn't want kids."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that part." Silver said.

"So you picked your happiness over mine."

"Rocky, you have to understand. I was young."

"You've been my greatest excuse in life. I've blamed you for everything. I always said you just didn't want me, when you did."

"Rocky..."

"We're done here. And FYI, I'm not your son. We're just 2 people who happen to have the same blood. Let's go."

Rocky left the place. I looked over at Shirley and I could see how heartbroken she was. I wanted to cheer her spirits up. I took her hand and held it.

"Give it time, and he'll come around."

"Thank you, Silver. Rocky is lucky to have a sister like you."

"We'll talk soon."

Rocky already left so I was going to walk home. I got home and saw Blaze on my doorstep.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was waiting for you."

"Get lost, Blaze."

"I'm here because Dragon has a message for you."

I stopped. I was holding on to the doorknob. Just holding it, not turning it.

"I see I got your attention."

"What does he want?"

"He wants to have dinner with you. Nothing more, just dinner."

"Tell him I'm not interested."

"Fine. Then I guess you've just let your family down."

"What?"

"Dragon did a little digging on you and found your little blog. Cat got your tongue, Silver Eyes? I wonder what will happen when your parents find out. Don't they want you to be a lawyer?"

"Fine. He wins. I'll have dinner with him."

"Good. Tomorrow night, 8:00. Don't be late. Impress him. Or he'll go for Carson."

"Is that a threat?"

"It's a warning."

"Are you really going to let him hurt Carson, your brother?"

"Everyone gets their just desserts in the end."

"When this is over, I'll kick you in the nuts so hard you'll be crapping your teeth for a week."

"I'm counting on it."

Blaze left my doorstep.

"What a prick."

I sat in my bed, thinking of the outcome of this dinner with Dragon. I layed down in my bed looking at the sealing. I cried myself to sleep. I was scared for my life. People like Dragon won't hesitate to kill you. If I don't go to this dinner, he'll kill my family and then me. I heard my phone go off, he was a text from Carson. Goodnight. Carson was the only person who could cheer me up, but not this time. And there's a reason. This is between life...or death.