11| the conversation

AUTHOR'S POV
Shreyas and Nidhi was looking at each other like they saw some wild animal coming to eat them.

The worker was confused as hell. He was looking at both of their faces weirdly.

He finally shook Shreyas by his shoulder. And the said man looked up at the poor worker.

Nidhi also came out of the trance.

"Sir you didn't answer my question" the worker said.

"Ha, I don't have any problem. Ask this madam if she has any problem or not" Shreyas said.

The worker looked at Nidhi with a pleading face. And Nidhi who is a soft hearted person could not deny the poor man. And so she nodded.

The worker smiled happily at them and after bowing down he went from there.

After the worker left, Shreyas sat at the opposite chair of Nidhi.

Nidhi ignored him very skillfully and continued her work which was checking the menu.

Shreyas also took a menu card and started reading it.

After some minutes Nidhi put down the menu card and started checking something in her bag.

She must have remembered something suddenly.

Shreyas was ready to place the order so he also put down the menu card. And his eyes straight went towards Nidhi who looked up.

Don't get Shreyas wrong but why was her face so red and eyes looks puffy, as if she cried?

'Did something happened?' the thought crossed Shreyas's mind.

He was hesitating but chose to voice out the question. If anything happened then he must help her even if she is his enemy.

"Ummm..... Are you okay?" Shreyas asked.

Nidhi looked up at Shreyas and pointed a finger at herself.

"Are you asking me?" Nidhi asked back.

"Yeah I am asking you" Shreyas answered.

"Yeah I am fine, what will happen to me?" Nidhi shrugged.

"No, don't get me wrong but you look like you cried" Shreyas said.

"Is it looking so obvious?" Nidhi asked while touching her face.

"That means you really cried" Shreyas stated.

"I mean yeah, I did" Nidhi said.

Now if someone asks that how can Nidhi say it so casually then let me tell you, she doesn't think before speaking. And as a extrovert she says whatever comes in her mind.

"Why, is everything alright?" Shreyas asked as a gentleman.

"I know you are thinking something very negative, but let me tell you everything is fine nothing really happened to me" Nidhi answered and gave a beautiful smile for reassurance.

And this is the first time Shreyas noticed that Nidhi has dimples.

"You are weird you know? How can someone cry when nothing really happened to them?" Shreyas asked very confused.

"You really want to know what happened to me?" Nidhi asked and Shreyas nodded.

"Then listen, India lost the u-19 world cup, that's why I cried" Nidhi said and maybe the tears were returning back.

Shreyas nodded, now getting the point.

"Yeah, Nishant really performed very well today but alas they couldn't win" Shreyas said.