The Party

Once Cody and Lucien brought themselves down from the floating log, the two jumped from one object to another. Then, they finally reached the edge of the crater and approached Scott.

"How did you find us?" Cody nervously asked.

"Lucien isn't the only one who knows where the Zero Gravity Crater is," Scott answered with his hands in his pockets. "Did you enjoy yourself?"

Cody grinned and nodded. "I did."

Smiling, Scott said, "That's good. My car's near the road, can't miss it. You go over there, Cody."

"What about you?" Cody's grin faded.

"I'm just gonna have a word with Nanami for a bit." Scott then leaned forward and whispered into the freshman's ear, "Also, I got your message earlier. The pills I got you are in the cup holder in the front."

Meanwhile, Lucien was slipping his jacket back on as he watched Scott and Cody talk. He then raised an eyebrow when the Slayer suddenly whispered into his underclassman's ear. Cody raised his eyebrows as his guardian pulled away, and he nodded before jogging down the dirt path that led him out of the forest. Lucien watched him trot away before he turned to Scott, who walked up to him.

"So," Lucien began, looking at the ground and shuffling his left foot. "How's the party so far?" he asked.

"It's ready," Scott said. He turned his attention to the crater and the items floating above it. Then, he beamed. "It's been a while since I came to this place."

Lucien stuffed his hands into his pants pockets and asked, "What were you telling Cody?"

Scott's eyes went wide as he turned to the senior, who was narrowing his visible eye at him. "What?"

"You were whispering something to Cody. What was it?"

"Uh..." Scott hesitated, rubbing the back of his neck. Then, he sighed and said, "Look, Nanami, it's just something between me and Cody."

"And what is this 'something'?" Lucien asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh..." Scott turned his gaze away from the senior. But then, he took a deep breath and said, "I promised Cody I wouldn't tell others about it. If you want to know what it is, go ask him yourself."

Lucien's breath hitched at the comment. He furrowed his eyebrows at the Slayers, who walked away from him.

"Now, come on. We have a party to take Cody to, and don't forget your bike."

Lucien lowered his head and groaned before grabbing his bicycle and following Scott out of the forest.

By the time Lucien and Scott emerged from the woods, Cody was already sitting in the front seat of the car. After the senior got his bike in the back of the car, the three were on the road. As the drive progressed, Cody and Lucien expected Scott to take them back to the academy. But when the school came into their view, the Slayer suddenly drove past it. This made Lucien furrow his eyebrows in confusion while Cody tilted his head.

"Scott," Cody said, pointing his thumb behind himself. "The academy's that way."

"We're not going to the academy," Scott replied, not taking his eyes off the road.

This made Cody turn to Lucien, who just shook his head and shrugged at him.

Much to the boys' surprise, Scott had taken them to the city and stopped at his apartment complex. Once everyone was out of the car, Scott had Cody wear a blindfold. As soon as he put it on, he felt himself being guided into the apartment building. While his vision was obscured, Cody heard himself entering an elevator that took him, Lucien, and Scott three floors upward. After a few seconds, the three left the elevator and stopped at a door. Cody heard Scott's keys jingling as well as a door being unlocked and opened. Then, he was gently pushed into what felt like a dark room before he heard the door being closed and a light switch being flipped on.