Chapter 6: The New Day

The sun rose over the campus, casting a warm glow over the bustling streets. Students rushed to their morning classes, clutching coffee cups and backpacks. Jennie, the president of the student council, woke up early, feeling a sense of responsibility wash over her. She knew she had to ensure everything was in order for the upcoming competition.

As she got dressed, her mind wandered back to the previous night's events. She couldn't believe she had declined Kai's offer to dance, feeling like she had missed an opportunity to let loose and have fun. But she pushed the thought aside, focusing on her duties.

Jennie headed out of her dorm room, determined to tackle the day. She walked across campus, taking in the sights and sounds of the bustling university. The air was filled with the sweet scent of blooming flowers and the sound of birds chirping.

As she approached the student union building, she saw Seulgi, Rosé, Jisoo, and Irene sitting at a table, sipping coffee and chatting.

"Hey, guys!" Jennie exclaimed, joining them at the table. "What's the plan for today?"

"We're all preparing for our respective competitions," Seulgi said, her eyes sparkling with determination.

"And I'll make sure everything runs smoothly," Jennie added, smiling. "As president, it's my duty to ensure everything is in order."

After chatting for a bit, they decided to head to their respective rooms to practice and prepare for their competitions. Rosé and Irene headed to the music room, Jisoo to the art room, and Seulgi to the gymnasium.

"I'll check in on you guys later," Jennie said, smiling. "Let's do this, SNU!"

As they dispersed, Jennie felt a sense of pride and responsibility. She knew her friends were talented and dedicated, and she was determined to support them every step of the way.

Jennie walked across campus, her eyes scanning the various buildings and facilities. As president of the student council, it was her duty to ensure everything was in order for the upcoming competition. She had already checked in with her friends, and now she was making the rounds to verify that all teams were prepared.

She stopped by the music room, where Rosé and Irene were practicing their duet. Their harmonious voices filled the air, and Jennie couldn't help but smile.

"Hey, guys! Sounds amazing in here," Jennie said, entering the room.

Rosé and Irene looked up, smiling. "Thanks, Jennie! We're trying to do our best," Rosé said.

"You're doing great," Jennie replied. ",Rosé your vocals are sounding incredible. And Irene, your piano skills are impressive as always."

Irene and Rosé grinned. "Thanks, Jennie. We're trying our best."

Jennie nodded, impressed. "I know you guys will crush it at the competition. Keep up the good work!"

Next, she headed to the art room, where Jisoo was busy painting a beautiful landscape. Jennie was impressed by her talent and attention to detail.

"Unnie, your artwork is stunning!" Jennie exclaimed. "You're so talented!"

Jisoo looked up, smiling. "I know right! Thanks, Jennie! I'm trying to capture the beauty of nature on canvas."

"You're doing an amazing job," Jennie said. "I can't wait to see your finished piece at the exhibition."

She knew they would all excel in their respective competitions. But her mind kept wandering back to Kai's absence, wondering what could be the reason behind it.

Jennie walked into the gymnasium, where Seulgi was practicing her volleyball serves. She watched as Seulgi jumped and spiked the ball, her movements graceful and precise.

"Seulgi, you're a star!" Jennie exclaimed, approaching her friend.

Seulgi smiled, wiping the sweat from her forehead. "Thanks, Jennie! I'm trying to perfect my serves."

Jennie nodded, impressed. "You're doing great. I know you'll lead our team to victory."

Seulgi's expression turned serious. "Jennie, have you seen Kai? He missed our practice this morning and I'm getting worried."

Jennie's concern grew. "I haven't seen him since last night. I was thinking of reaching out to him later."

Seulgi frowned. "That's weird. Kai's always been dedicated to our team. Something must be wrong."

Jennie's mind raced with possibilities. Had Kai's absence something to do with their encounter last night? She pushed the thought aside, focusing on the present.

"Let's focus on our preparations for now," Jennie said. "I'll try to reach out to Kai later and see what's going on."

Seulgi nodded, her expression determined. "Yeah, we can't let our team down. We have to win this competition!"

Jennie smiled, feeling proud of her friends' dedication and teamwork. Together, they would overcome any obstacle and achieve their goals.

Jennie walked out of the gymnasium, her mind still preoccupied with Seulgi's concerns about Kai's absence. As she turned a corner, she spotted Kai standing with Sophia, their faces inches apart. Jennie's eyes set on Kai and the girl close to him.

As she approached them, Kai quickly pulled away from Sophia, a guilty look on his face. "H-hey, Jennie! I-I was just, uh, getting some basketball tips from Sophia, y-you know she's a great player."

Jennie raised an eyebrow, her tone skeptical. "Really? Standing this close with your ex, Kai?"

Kai's expression turned defensive, but Jennie just shrugged. "Whatever, Kai. Do what you want."

Jennie walked away, leaving Kai and Sophia looking at each other awkwardly. Kai's eyes narrowed, his jaw clenched in frustration. He knew Jennie didn't love him, and it stung. But he wouldn't admit it to himself, and instead, he turned to Sophia, his face twisted in a scowl.

Sophia smirked, seeing the jealousy in Kai's eyes. "Oh, Kai. You're so predictable."

Kai's eyes flashed with anger, and he kissed Sophia aggressively, his lips crushing hers. Sophia responded with the same intensity, her hands tangling in Kai's hair.

The tension between them was palpable, their passion fueled by Kai's jealousy.

*****