BABA MOSHAI

"Madhav!" A thunderous voice rumbled throughout the mansion, pulling me out from slumber

"Madhav!" A thunderous voice rumbled throughout the mansion, pulling me out from slumber. My eyes shoot open and I sit up straight.

Oh God! I know this voice!

I gulp down a lump forming in my throat as I sit on the bed. Too stunned to do anything as I hear footsteps nearing.

"Madhav!Are ei Hotochara! This is the last time I'm asking nicely! OPEN THE DOOR"

The figure behind my door roars as he bangs the door with his stick.

(You ungrateful son!)

That was it, his Gorjo(roar) broke through the trance I was in as I scrambled down my bed towards the door.

"Madh-"

"Ha Baba Moshai!"

(Here I am Father!)

I cut him off before he could complete my name to start his rampage.

That's right, It's my father! Modan Mohan Ray...and he doesn't seem to be in a good mood. That to this early in the morning.

Wait! He wasn't supposed to be here. He should be in Berhampur right now. What is he doing here? And why is he here?

"Ghumachile tumi? Eto boro ekta kando kore tui Shanti r ghum ghumachile?" My brows furrowed after father roared once again and I would be lying if I said it didn't shake me to my core.

(So you were really sleeping? After bringing in such grave trouble for me you are sleeping?)

"Baba Moshai ghore ashun. Bhetore boshe kotha boli, apni shanto hon. Ar apni hothat ekhane keno? Kichu ki oshubidha hoyeche?" I say trying to calm him down and understand the situation when I notice Nayak Moshai standing at the end of the stairs, looking up at us with a mortified look, particularly at my father.

(Baba Moshai please calm down. Why are you suddenly here? Is there some issue?Let's sit and talk properly.)

That's when it hit me. Nayak Moshai must have told him that I have given shelter to a girl and her family from the village. Oh god! How can I forget that, after all , Nayak Moshai is father's one of the most trusted employees. He must have informed Dad about this situation.

I look back at my father trying to see if he is ready to calm down and it turns out that was the biggest mistake of my life. His face was red with anger as he opened his mouth again as he spat " Ki hoyeche? I'll tell you what's wrong! Where is that girl and her family? Where are they?"