A violent, little thing

A side note... Someone stole my work and posted it on another app/reading site, if you find it anywhere (any of my books) please let me know. I'm unsure how to deal with it but will collect proof until I figure it out. I'll take half of Accidental assassin down in case that one gets stolen too. I've worked too hard on my books to let someone else take off with them.
Now an extra long chapter, enjoy,
XG
***

The moment I woke up there had been three, stern people sitting me down for a talk. Arthur and Mark had done most of the talking but it came down to the fact that they approved of Jack and they were happy to let me see where it would take me. They also warned me of the dangers of a tryst with a Lycan. My self-appointed mother however, had been quick to remind the men that Jack was acting like a mated male. That had been the reason that they were giving me permission to spend time with him. Jack was acting like a mated male. Mated to me. He was fiercely protective, clearly taken with me and they had several theories about why that was the case.

They explained that he might have already lost his mate, early in the process. Or he could have been rejected, but that was a rare thing to happen even if the mate wasn't a Lycan. It could be that he had searched for his mate quite some time and still hadn't found her, in that case it could even be his wolf who had chosen me as a substitute mate. That last theory would explain why he was so fierce about protecting me, the wolf was in charge of his emotions.
Regardless of the reason they were happy that I liked such a fine warrior of a beta line. My crazy Lycan family's values. They promised that they would be there to help me if it didn't work out but seemed quite pleased with me having Jack as my first serious boyfriend, or as they saw it, potential mate.

Jack, he was the last thing I had seen before I went to sleep and he was the first thing I had thought of when I woke. Five hours of sleep and half an hour with my family to speak about him. It felt like I had been without him forever. After a quick word with Arthur about what I intended to do, I got into my combat gear and left the house. The area that had been assigned to his pack was guarded by Erik and one other big warrior but the moment they saw me Erik's face lit up with the biggest, friendliest smile while the other man just grinned. I actually stopped walking and eyed them suspiciously.

'Why are you smiling at me like that?'

'Honestly, because I thought that Jack was the only one of you two who was interested in the other. You being here means there is hope for my little brother.'

It was somewhat embarrassing that he called me out like that but then again, they were Lycans. Lycans were quite different to humans regarding basic things like nudity, killing, food and sex. They didn't think like humans and I knew that from experience, so I couldn't blame Jack's brother for being so direct. He was Jack's brother and I had no idea how close they were. Instead, I looked at the other man and asked. 'Is he always this stupid?'

'Ma'am. He's my Beta.' The other man smartly sidestepped the question with a wink that Erik didn't see.

Erik stepped closer but was still smiling. 'Are you trying to piss me off, little geek?' He growled playfully.

'Nope.' I grinned up at the big man. 'If I was trying, you'd know. Though for our further interactions I'll keep in mind that you're not too bright, don't worry.'

He could take a joke because he laughed with the other guy and stepped to the door. 'Be really quiet and I'll let you wake my brother up. Be warned though, he tends to attack people who wake him up.'

'So, you want me to be ripped to shreds for doubting your brilliance?' I asked cheekily.

He chuckled. 'Me, he would probably do some damage to, Jack wouldn't ever hurt you though. He's spent too much time and energy keeping you from harm.'