𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒎 𝑩𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎

Back in their apartment, Lilith and Silas sit silently at the table. In the morning, they are to be whisked away to be prepped for the Quell. They will be sent to their deaths tomorrow.

"You should eat more," Silas comments. For the past couple minutes, Lilith has been pushing around her left over food on her plate.

"If I eat more, I'll make myself sick and lose everything I already ate," Lilith says.

"Okay," Silas mumbles. He takes both his and Lilith's plate to the sink.

"I wish both of you luck," Ember says, walking into the room.

From one look, Lilith can tell she has been crying. The last thing Lilith wants is to watch someone cry over her.

"We'll be fine, Ember," Lilith lies. She knows there is a high possibility that both she and Silas will die, although she will do everything she can to prevent it.

"Of course you will. You both are very smart," Ember says.

"It'll be okay," Silas says putting a reassuring hand on Ember's shoulder.

Ember nods and gives a tight lipped smile. "I know. My most prized victors.."

My most prized victors. Those words replay over and over again in Lilith's head. Ember has done so much for Lilith in these past nine years. She has made Lilith feel so welcome. She's been like the mother figure that Lilith has always wanted.

The three of them being together feels like their very own family, the only one missing is Julia. Lilith knows she'll see her tomorrow before entering the arena, but she wishes Julia were here tonight.

"Alright, make sure you two rest up," Ember says as she looks at them one more time. It's almost like she's afraid that she'll never see them again.

Lilith watches as Ember disappears into her room. She knows the escort is right, she needs to rest. But, she also knows that sleep won't come easy tonight.

"You okay?" Silas asks her, noticing that she's staring off.

Lilith takes a breath, "I'm scared, Sil."

"I know, I am too," Silas replies.

He comes closer to Lilith and pulls her in for an embrace. Lilith gratefully accepts the hug. She knows she may not have a lot of time left with Silas, so she wants to soak up every second she does have.

"If anything..." Silas begins to say before trailing off.

"No," Lilith states firmly. She pulls away from the hug, looking him in the eye. "Don't talk like that."

Silas sighs, "I only mean, if something happens to me, I want you to carry on."

"Silas, stop it," She says.

Silas doesn't speak for a moment. He just looks at Lilith with worry in his eyes. He glances at a clock and looks back at Lilith.

"I have to go somewhere, do you want to come with me?" Silas asks.

Lilith knits her eyebrows together in confusion. "Where do you have to be?"

"Just come with, you'll see," Silas urges.

Lilith nods reluctantly.

Silas leads Lilith to the roof of the Training Center. When they exit the elevator, Lilith sees a gathering of people.

"Sil, what's going on?" Lilith questions quietly.

"I'll explain everything soon, I promise," Silas quickly replies before walking away from Lilith.

She tries to protest, but Silas leaves too quickly. She sees him meet up with Haymitch, which just confuses her more. What could possibly be going on up here?

"Hey."

Finnick's voice startles Lilith. She jumps slightly and turns to face Finnick. She exhales in relief when she sees that it's just him.

"Hey," She says with a small smile. "Do you know why we're all up here?"

"Not a clue," Finnick says with a shrug. "But I think we're about to find out."

Both Lilith and Finnick turn their attention to the ledge that Haymitch is standing on.

"I know you're all questioning why you're here. You've been hand picked for a special reason. When you enter the arena tomorrow, your one goal should be to protect Katniss Everdeen," Haymitch announces to the small crowd of people.

There are some scoffs and irritated comments from the group when he mentions protecting Katniss. Lilith crosses her arms over her chest, showing her own irritation.

"Alright, alright, I promise it's for a good reason. We can offer you a way out of the arena if you agree to do this," Haymitch tries to bribe everyone.

His offer to get out of the arena causes a hush to fall over everyone. Haymitch nods slightly as he looks over everyone.

"Firstly, District Thirteen is alive and well, they have been for years. Their President Alma Coin has the resources to start a rebellion, but she needs Katniss to be the face of it. The only way for her to get Katniss is to take her from the arena. We need you to make sure that Katniss stays alive until it's time to take her," Haymitch explains.

"What's in it for us?" Johanna speaks up.

"We can offer you a way out of the arena. Alive," Haymitch reveals.

Lilith thinks it over. She has an opportunity to get out of the arena alive, but she has to make sure Katniss's life comes before her own. Sure Lilith isn't fond of the Girl on Fire, but protecting her shouldn't be a problem. Lilith knew this girl would bring trouble.

Lilith glances at Silas, he seems to be in full agreement with this plan. Since she trusts her brother, she'll go along with the plan. Lilith is the first one to speak up.

"I'm in," She announces. Silas gives his sister a smile.

A few seconds later, Finnick agrees to the plan. Lilith glances over at him to see that he's already looking at her. After Lilith and Finnick agree, more people start to speak up and go along with the plan. The ones that agree to protect Katniss are: Lilith, Silas, Finnick, Mags, Johanna, Beetee, Wiress, and a few others.

Everyone begins leaving the roof, thinking about how they could have a chance to make it out alive. Lilith stays behind for a moment, staring off into the city.

"I'm proud of you," Silas's voice comes from behind her.

"For what?" Lilith questions as she turns her head to look at him.

"For doing the right thing, and getting the others to do it too," Silas says sincerely.

Lilith smiles a bit. This means that both her and Silas have a chance to make it out of the arena. She'll keep Katniss's life a top priority, but Silas's life is second. Lilith would like for her and Silas to make it out together, but if it comes down to it, she's going to give her life for his.