Chapter 16

When they returned to Qiao's house, it was before dinner. Gong Zhuoliang and Qiao Yingze went back to their yard to simply tidy up and change their clothes, and then went to see Mrs. Qiao. Today is September 15th, and Mrs. Qiao will stay every month on the fifteenth. The son and grandson had a reunion dinner in their own courtyard, so Gong Zhuoliang’s husband stayed in the old lady’s house after worshipping. Gong Zhuoliang and Mrs. Qiao prepared dinner and other trivial matters, while Qiao Yingze accompanied the old lady to chat, not long after, Qiao Yingxuan And Master Qiao also returned to the house one after another.

Although it was a reunion dinner, only Mrs. Qiao, Mr. Qiao, and two brothers Qiao Yingze were able to serve the table. The eldest young lady and the third young master who came out of the concubine stayed in various rooms, and the old lady pointed out a few dishes on the table. It was just for them. The two daughters-in-law, Mrs. Qiao and Gong Zhuoliang, stood on both sides of the old lady and waited. As for the other concubines and concubines, they couldn't even show their faces.

After finishing the meal in silence, the grandparents and grandchildren drank tea and chatted a few times. Mrs. Qiao asked Gong Zhuoliang to accompany Qiao Yingze to go back to rest. It was a waiver of his next rules. Together with Gong Zhuoliang, he retired and left.

"I don't think your second brother and father-in-law are close."

Locking the household registration documents that proved to be real and valid in his small cabinet, Gong Zhuoliang sat back next to Qiao Yingze and watched the delicate dishes on the table move with his index fingers.

"My father spends very little time with our brothers and doesn't care about us."

Qiao Yingze's eyes dimmed when he heard the words, but his answer was calm. Although he didn't fully understand the affairs between his parents, he also knew that their relationship was not good. These two sons are also very indifferent. He is better when he grows up beside his grandmother, but he doesn't have much disgust towards his father. Qiao Yingxuan is extremely filial to his mother, so the relationship with his father is very tense, and he often goes against his father. will act.

"Oh…"

Gong Zhuoliang nodded to show his understanding, and then he slowly enjoyed his dinner. The respect between the Qiaos and his wife was like ice. It was obvious from Mr. Qiao's six concubines. The youngest concubine was only sixteen. Qiao Yingxuan is the same age, and this uncle can really let this hand go.

But thinking about it again, in fact, Mr. Qiao is a model of a successful man, a middle-aged and handsome uncle who is just forty years old, a gentle and elegant two-ranked scholar, a prefect with both financial power and power... There are indeed romantic people. As for the capital, I don't know how many people outside are vying to give it away.

Gong Zhuoliang was eating happily while YY. Qiao Yingze sat next to him and took the initiative to add vegetables and soup to him. He had already eaten at his grandmother's place, but Gong Zhuoliang's way of eating aroused him again. Appetite, he also accompanied him and used it less.

"If Madam knew that it was you who took care of me to eat, I would definitely have to teach me to be unruly."

After the maids took off the bowls and chopsticks and left, Gong Zhuoliang leaned on the cushion and half lay on the couch outside to eat. On the couch was the book that Qiao Yingze found for him. Zhuo Liang rubbed his stomach to promote digestion while flipping through this biography.

"I have told Han Shu to prepare some simple meals in advance every morning in the future. After you have eaten, go to your mother's place, and you won't feel hungry anymore."

Qiao Yingze took the cushion and leaned next to Gong Zhuoliang, and also picked out a free book to read. Seeing that it was written about a rich young man and a fox girl, the words were bold and fragrant, he subconsciously closed the book and glanced at Gong Zhuoliang. , seeing that he didn't pay attention to his side, he quietly put it back on the table, and changed to another unofficial history to read, but the words written down in that glance just now automatically formed a picture in his mind...