Chapter 43

The Next Day-Saturday

Everyone's at BPD doing their paperwork on the case so they can have the rest of the weekend off. Maura is sitting at her desk writing her report and keeps hiccuping. Everyone's given her ideas of how to get rid of them, but nothing works. See what happens..

Maura: (hiccuping) Why won't they go away? I've tried everything. I can't even type my report up properly because every time I go to type something I hiccup and I press a different letter.

Frost: You've tried everything we've told you to?

Maura: Yes, I have. I don't know what else to do.

Jane walks in and hears that. She walks up to Maura from behind without her knowing and surprises her by giving her a kiss in front of everyone in the bullpen.

Maura moans.

Maura: (breathlessly) What was that for?

Jane: Listen.

She and everyone else does. They don't hear anything.

Maura: My hiccups are gone.

Jane: Mm-Hmm. I kissed you by surprise and they went away.

Maura: Well, thank you. But, don't make a habit of kissing me at work. We could get in trouble for PDA in the workplace.

Jane: Yeah, well, that was for a good reason. Also, I don't care. I'll kiss you whenever and wherever I want.

Maura: I love you.

Jane: I love you too. Are you almost done?

Maura: Yeah. Are you?

Jane: (sits down at Maura's desk) I'm done. Just waiting on you.

Maura: Okay.

She types for a few more minutes. She then prints the report out, puts it in the case file and gives it to Cavanaugh. Then, they leave.