Chapter 31

At The Dirty Robber

Jane walks in.

Jane: Okay, yeah, yeah "Surprise!" Hello? Surprise.

At Home

Jane walks in, turns on the light and turns around. When she turns around...

Everyone: Surprise!

Jane: God almighty! Geez. Wow!

Angela: I looked everywhere for "My Pretty Pony." I hope this is okay.

Jane: This is fantastic, ma. Thank you.

Maura walks up holding a can of beer for Jane.

Maura: Happy Birthday.

Jane: Thank you. Wow. Detective Finicky drinking beer out of a can?

Maura: And a lot of it after today. Although I can taste the aluminum.

Jane: Mm. My killer dad's dead.

Korsak: A gift to the world. Happy Birthday, Jane.

Angela: Hey. I'm sorry I didn't tell you that you were adopted. I didn't know who your parents were. The adoption was private and sealed by a court order.

Maura walks back up to her with an envelope.

Maura: But, I do. I had my parents use some connections. This is your real birth certificate.

Jane: All right.

She opens it.

Jane: Oh my God! Hoyt was my real dad. And my mom was... Oh, my god. Maura?

Maura: Yeah.

Jane: Look.

Maura does. Everyone's smiling.

Maura: Your mother's Ali McGraw?!The Ali McGraw?! The Famous Actress Ali McGraw?!

Jane: Yeah! I'm the daughter of an actress! (looks at her parents) But, I'm the real daughter of the two people that loved me and raised me. Frank and Angela Rizzoli. They're my parents, no matter what. I love you mom and dad.

Angela & Frank: We love you too.

They hug her.

Angela: Okay, Piñata!

Everyone laughs. Jane and Maura kiss.

They talk and have fun for a few hours. Everyone leaves, then they clean up and go to bed.